X

Rear brake bleeding question

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear brake bleeding question

Hello, I have a question about bleeding my rear brakes. I bled the front ones today using this method: http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.p...brake+bleeding

My question: Do I do the rear ones the same way? Do I hold down the rear brake similar to the way I held the front one when opening the bleeder valve? and then pump it to pump out the fluid?

I know I need to remove the fairings to get to my rear brake fluid reservoir.
    One thing I noticed is that the rear brake only has one bleeder valve, instead of the two on each side of the front. Did I miss a second bleeder valve that's hidden?

I ride a 1994 Suzuki Katana 600 with a 2001 Katana engine.

Thanks guys, I hope this isn't too stupid of a question. Also, sorry for the :repost I initially posted this to Mechanics 101.
    Last edited by BigLlamasHouse; 06-19-2012, 11:46 PM.

Yes, same way. Next time, only make one post about it in one section. That's all that's needed. Mechanics or Brakes works just fine in this case. If the mods feel it needs to be moved, it will get moved.

Comment

Thank you good sir, so only one bleeder valve in the rear guy?

Comment

Yup. Pretty easy!

Comment

No, two bleed valves - one on the front and one on the back of your rear brake caliper. The rear one is a bit fiddly to get into though.....
          My country is the world...... my religion is to do good.

Comment

Originally posted by delbutler View Post
            No, two bleed valves - one on the front and one on the back of your rear brake caliper. The rear one is a bit fiddly to get into though.....
            1100's have two.....600's to my knowledge only have one.

Comment

Actually, my bad.....

just realised he was talking about a pre. My post 98 has one on the front and one on the back of the rear caliper....
              My country is the world...... my religion is to do good.

Comment

Originally posted by delbutler View Post
                Actually, my bad.....

just realised he was talking about a pre. My post 98 has one on the front and one on the back of the rear caliper....

Comment

Working...
                X