Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Front end swap (similar to scorpion5150)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Front end swap (similar to scorpion5150)

Hey all, will the front end from a 91 kat 1100 swap directly to my 95 600?
    Should I do that? Pros, cons? thanks

I'm not sure it's the right way to go..
    Why do you want to?

Comment

The forks have more adjustment I think but the brakes are 2 piston not 4

Comment

Some things to consider I guess, the rims on the 1100 are 16" could be benificiairy for handling, the forks are not much better than the ones which come on the 600 (only preload is adjustable)
        Brakes won't be a problem, I rode a 1100F some times the stopping power never felt like it was too weak for this big heavy bike, wouldn't surprise me if it feels like an upgrade for the much lighter Kat.

Comment

Originally posted by Black_peter
          I'm not sure it's the right way to go..
          Why do you want to?
          Because the forks on my bike are bent like a pretzel and I have to replace them. My search for forks has yielded very little. The katana forks I've seen are priced higher than I think they should be considering I've bought late model GSXR forks for less. I know the 91-95 GSXR forks/triples will swap right in, but that's it as far as I know. I'm not really interested in trying to custom fit some forks. I just want to plug and go, so as I see things that are non-Kat pop up I'm going to investigate.

So along those lines, I know I've read the RF900 shock is swap in for my Kat, but how about the rf900 forks? Will they fit? Will I need the whole triple clamp or are the clamps not the same? thanks again all.

Comment

Working...
          X