X

Upper Triple Tree Question

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upper Triple Tree Question

I purchased a lock set on E-bay so all my locks would have one key. It came from a 750, and the person included the upper triple tree with the ignition switch. My question is would it be benificial to mount the 750 triple tree to my 600? I know it would raise the height of the clipons, but would that be a bad thing? Has anyone done this? Is there anything I am not thinking of to where it wouldn't work?

Thanks for any information.

Greg

COURAGE -

Freedom is the sure possession of those alone
    who have the courage to defend it.

First Sergeant(Ret) - US Army - 21 years

Re: Upper Triple Tree Question

Originally posted by Court93Kat
    ......I know it would raise the height of the clipons, but would that be a bad thing? ....
    I think it's a question of personal taste. not good or bad

Raising the bars doesn't necessarily change the steering geometry. However the 750 triple clamp uses different clips to hold the bars. If you make the fork legs on your 600 flush with the top of the 750 clip-ons you will be lowering the front end of your 600. That will change the geometry and the handling.

90-02 600/750 Kats use the same length fork legs, but the 750 Kats have a slightly different angled rake to make up for the slightly lower frontend. The change in rake keeps the trail the same for both 600 and 750 and keeps the overall geometry similar for both models.
    '92 Kat restoration/mod project

Comment

What about different legth brake lines ?
      I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

yep the top brakelines are different lengths too.
        '92 Kat restoration/mod project

Comment

So, in a nut shell, if I replace the upper tree it will lower the front of the bike and i may have problems with the brake lines. Sounds like the easiest thing to do would be to replace only the lock cylinder.

Thanks floxera.

Greg

COURAGE -

Freedom is the sure possession of those alone
          who have the courage to defend it.

First Sergeant(Ret) - US Army - 21 years

Comment

Working...
          X