X

Brakes

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brakes

what brakes do you guys suggest i should get for my 99 600? dont need anything fancy or expensive, but i would like them to be good brakes
    Matt

The Difference Between Ordinary And Extraordinary Is That Little Extra

If you haven't replaced the brake lines yet, it's time (they're good for four years -- yours would be 6 years old at this point and soft). Stainless steel sheathed brake lines from a third party (Gaffer, Goodridge) should be the same price or cheaper than replacing the lines with Suzuki OEM replacements. As for pads, EBC HH pads for the front, Suzuki stock rear pads (which are GG compound). Brake fluids -- castrol GT LMA, or if you can't find that, Valvoline PowerSynth Brake Fluid (both are clear) -- spec for the bike is DOT 4 (stick with it). Plus, being as your bike is 6 years old, new seals for all the calipers ($12 per caliper, RonAyers.com).

The biggest secret: Spray your rotors down with brake cleaner and wipe 'em down with a paper towel once a week. Figure whatever grime is built up on your front wheel is also on your rotors, keeping them from working at peak efficiency.

Cheers
    =-= The CyberPoet
    Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

thanks for the advice cyber
      Matt

The Difference Between Ordinary And Extraordinary Is That Little Extra

Comment

Working...
      X