• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by elsueco View Post
    RTFM: makes sense. Thanks, Zook!

That be crazy talk in here!

Krey
    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Hi guys first post besides an intro so be gentle. Going for the R6 rear shock and just need some verification on the benefits. Besides the usual handling benefits will the bike ride better two up. also will the ride height be adjusted. Probably obvious questions but I can't find the answers.

Comment

Originally posted by reaper1064 View Post
        ... Probably obvious questions but I can't find the answers.
        Yes they are, read the this thread from the beginning...
        http://www.7thgeardesigns.com
        http://www.lunchtimecigar.com
        '90 Suzuki 750 Kat

"Shut up and drink your gin" - Fagin (Oliver Twist)
        "But, as is the usual scenario with a Harley it was off-line when it crashed," Schwantz added dryly.
        "You didn't hear what I meant to say" - my Son

Comment

Cheers mate, teach me to read things properly.

Comment

Hi Guys,

Seen a 2011 R6 shock on ebay for a starting bid of £39 which to my knowledge is a bargain if I can get it for anywhere near that. Alot of them are £200+

Will this fit on a post600 kat (2002)? or should I hold out for something around 08?

Cheers

Liam

Comment

Originally posted by Biggie686 View Post
              Hi Guys,

Seen a 2011 R6 shock on ebay for a starting bid of £39 which to my knowledge is a bargain if I can get it for anywhere near that. Alot of them are £200+

Will this fit on a post600 kat (2002)? or should I hold out for something around 08?

Cheers

Liam

R6 will NOT fit post.

Will NOT

NO

Won't Work

Does not fit

Not trying to be harsh, but every reply recently in this thread I've made has been this same statement.

Krey
              93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Originally posted by Kreylyn View Post
                R6 will NOT fit post.

Will NOT

NO

Won't Work

Does not fit

Not trying to be harsh, but every reply recently in this thread I've made has been this same statement.

Krey
                I wouldn't say your being harsh, id say your being particularly useful and straight up in your statement. Sorry for missing that particular piece of info while trawling through 80 odd posts.

That's fine then I will try pick up a post 750 shock. Mines is a little on the tired side so being a bigger man (110kg) a wee upgrade will be very useful.

Is there any other shocks that fit the post 600 that you know of?

Cheers

Liam

Comment

Originally posted by Biggie686 View Post
                  I wouldn't say your being harsh, id say your being particularly useful and straight up in your statement. Sorry for missing that particular piece of info while trawling through 80 odd posts.

That's fine then I will try pick up a post 750 shock. Mines is a little on the tired side so being a bigger man (110kg) a wee upgrade will be very useful.

Is there any other shocks that fit the post 600 that you know of?

Cheers

Liam

Keeping the stockish height, post 750 kat shock, or a 90-92 gsxr 750 shock. I would expect the kat shock is going to be easier to find.

Raising the tail quite a bit is the 2nd gen B12 shock. About a 2" lift with no mods, and it's strongly recommended to reduce that with internal spacers when being rebuilt a bit so the linkage cushion doesn't hit the spring seat on the shock.

Krey
                  93 750 Kat

Comment

-Steve

sigpic
                    Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
                    Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

So am i right in thinking the r6 is around 290mm ctc

But would be helpful if someone has the correct length

Thanks guys

Comment

Originally posted by alpine View Post
                        So am i right in thinking the r6 is around 290mm ctc

But would be helpful if someone has the correct length

Thanks guys
                        ctoc = 290mm

Tmod

Comment

Originally posted by Tmod View Post
                          ctoc = 290mm

Tmod
                          Thanks

Comment

ok so I have read over this post several times and I want to confirm that an r6 shock will work for a 93 gsx 750f.

I am asking because:
                            im new but learning the lingo.
                            I did learn that "pre-" groups all Katana bikes 1988-1997
                            BUT I have been looking for pre- Items such as lowering links that will work for the 600 but NOT the 750.

I found a 08-2014 shock on ebay for about $60 and I want to pull the trigger on it before its too late, I understand that it will need different bushings but will this be a no fuss(other than bushings) bolt-on for my 93 750 kat?
                            Last edited by kbotk89; 09-04-2015, 12:33 PM.
                            93 Kat 750
                            02 RAM 1500
                            04 BMW X3
                            ..and a Pair of Hyo GT's

Comment

Yes on the shock, you will need to lower the front by 3/4" as the R6 shock will lower the rear by 3/4".As for the lowering links, 600 and 750 share the same components. The shock is different thought.
                              "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
                              spammer police
                              USAF veteran
                              If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Hey Tmod great thread!
                                OK, this mod lowers the rear by 19mm. I read all the posts and found nothing about restoring the 19mm.
                                It would be nice to restore the ride height because for track riding we need ground clearance.
                                Any comments specific?
                                Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                X