X

Painting front calipers

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Painting front calipers

So I have been kicking around the idea of painting my front two calipers the same red as Brembos'.

Anyone here done that? I just don't want to have to dis-connect the brake line so I don't have to mess with bleeding them and needing more brake fluid.

I picked up a can of red paint that states it's formulated just for that - brake calipers.
    Says all you have to do is take the calipers off, clean/scuff up, and paint.
    The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, 'You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.'

I would say if you're gonna do it go ahead and take them off so you can clean them really good. That's going to be the key to a good job. Besides, it's not really that hard to bleed them. I painted mine a couple weeks ago and got everything back together yesterday. Didn't look at a clock but it took maybe 15 minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by copacetic View Post
      I would say if you're gonna do it go ahead and take them off so you can clean them really good. That's going to be the key to a good job. Besides, it's not really that hard to bleed them. I painted mine a couple weeks ago and got everything back together yesterday. Didn't look at a clock but it took maybe 15 minutes.

Yeah, was just thinking how much of a pain they would be if I left the lines attached....and it probably wouldn't hurt to add some new, clean fluid anyways.
      The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, 'You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.'

Comment

leaving the lines attached are the least of the problem
        A spray paint will put lots in the air and probably all over the rest of the bike
        Clean , clean and more cleaning is the way to acheive a good finish
        Just remember brake fluid will peel your fresh paint really fast

Can't get it to run right? Find a trick to add HP?
        From the first oil change to completely rebuilding the engine,
        this is the place to talk about the heart of the beast!

Blood , its in you to give! http://www.blood.ca/

Comment

I painted my rear caliper red so far. I havent done the front yet , but I would reccomend taking them off. If you dont want to take them off ,Just tape everything off so as not to get oversray on the bike. Make sure the calipers are really clean or else the paint may not adhere properly.

Comment

Working...
          X