Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

1100 fork with tl-r brakes, I forgot to measure.....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1100 fork with tl-r brakes, I forgot to measure.....

Hey all this is my first post here, so I am looking at becoming a part of another family.
    My current stable includes a VX800, an MT01, and 90% built land speed bike.

Its my land speed bike that I forgot to measure on. I was able to get a set of Katana 1100 forks installed and I got a set of TL-R 6 pot brakes real cheap. I didnt think to measure the rotor size, I know its a real noob mistake. Any ways I was wondering if anybody knows where I could source a set of 320mm rotors that would fit on the Katana front wheel ( I cant find the online numbers but I do think they are a 2x 275mm and 40 mm 6 bolt variety). Getting a set of TL rotors, and drill a second set of holes for the mounting bolts , and weld up the originals is not an option. As the Katana carriers are of a recessed type, and TL-R are straight. I dont know if its me, but it seems noone uses the same mounting pattern as the 1100 Kat rotors. ...............Is there an online reference chart somewhere? From my crude measurements a 285 mm rotor is ahere i should be (I measured from the top of the rotor to the top of the pads, it was 10mm)

Barring that I may look at making an adapter for the caliper...I just need to figure out the angles for a 310 mm rotor (which the Bandit 1200 rotor is) has a slightly shorter brake surface than the Katana one.

And/or do that with the stock rotors, I think I can make the top of the brake pad contact with the Katana rotor, if just barely, I think I saw about 3 mm clearance from the rotor to the top of caliper block

oh yeah, did Superbrace ever make a fork brace for the 1100?

This is the only stumbling block in getting it attached.

Any help and thought welcome!!!!
    Cheers
    Alan
Working...
X