X

Swing Arm Question: 98+ to Pre98

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Swing Arm Question: 98+ to Pre98

I want to powdercoat the rear swing arm but while I was thinking about it why not run a 98+ swing arm? Is there anything I need to know about doing the swap? Will all suspension parts work on the 98+? What about the dog bone and stuff? Yes I will be running a 98+ wheel combination with the swing arm, figured why not. Will I need any other parts besides the swing arm, wheel (with brakes and sprocket)? Can I use my rear axle bolt? Thanks all for your help!!
    Nik
    88 Katana GSX600F, 19k miles, Total Custom- Soon to be revealed!!!!!!!

you will need the swingarm AND rear brake setup, along with the rear suspension link and dogbones, I suggest a shock as well.

Comment

i just bought a complete rear end off of a 98 katana 750(except the wheel) and i was wondering if these parts just bolt right on with no modifications to my pre 98 750. i have the swing arm,rear brake assembly,dog bones and the rear strut i was planning to use my oem rear wheel. thanks for the info and has anyone actually done this particular swap?

Comment

i just bought a complete rear end off of a 98 katana 750(except the wheel) and i was wondering if these parts just bolt right on with no modifications to my pre 98 750. i have the swing arm,rear brake assembly,dog bones and the rear strut i was planning to use my oem rear wheel. thanks for the info and has anyone actually done this particular swap?

Comment

see here: not exactly a direct swap..

Comment

I can tell you that you will need a couple things for this swap to work since I am swapping a later model swingarm to mine.......

EVERYTHING!

Be prepared to ensure you have proper clearnace for the pivot point. Make sure that you ave ALL brake componants since you are swapping fromt op to bottom. Make sure you have ALL linkage since the dog bones are totaly different.

You may also want to have a new, longer chain ready........
            Ron
            MSgt, USMC (Retired)

Comment

i received my 98+swing arm today.it came with the axle,the rear brake/bracket/reservoir,rear shock with mounting bracket and dogbones.what else would i need to complete this swap? can i use my pre 98 750 wheel? and how about the wheel spacers? or do i have to buy a 98+wheel and all of its spacers? also is there much more modifications to be made inorder for this to be installed?

Comment

Might as well use a 98+ wheel , it's a little wider anyway .
                I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

you CAN use the pre 98 wheel, and reuse your old spacers.

Comment

Working...
                  X