X

rear suspension setting

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rear suspension setting

I was riding a curvy rode yesterday, doing about 80 - 90 mph and i was leaned into a curve pretty good and the bike tire jumped. I am wondering if it wasnt a rock or something but i didnt see one, but could this be cause of one of the rear suspension settings being off?

What does "jumped" mean.
    Unlikely that is was the suspension.

Comment

when i was leaned in the turn i felt the back tire hop almost like it bottomed out then shot back up and the tire scooted over a bit. almost like it spun and tried to come out from under me but with a "jump" involved
      Last edited by rockonayz; 04-14-2010, 04:00 PM. Reason: typing errors

Comment

Originally posted by rockonayz View Post
        when i was leaned in the turn i felt the back tire hop almost like it bottomed out then shot back up and the tire scooted over a bit. almost like it spun and tried to come out from under me but with a "jump" involved
        It probaly felt that way but it didnt really come off the ground. Mine used to do the same, felt like it was skipping around the corner. I believe its from lack of rebound on the shock, there isnt enough stiffness to keep all the power planted to the ground so it looses a bit of traction and feels like the tire is skipping. I think you need to stiffen your rear suspension and adjust the rebound. Tmod is the real person to ask, though.
        Originally posted by arsenic
        93 octane fuel and K&N pod filters rock.

Comment

thats what i was thinking. but ok thanks ill have to ask him

Comment

Working...
          X