X

Torque specs

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Torque specs

I am replacing the front forks on my 06 Kat this weekend. Does anyone know what the front wheel should be torqued to and what alse needs torqued specifically for this job? My dad is a mech so we're just kind of winging the project. Any help would be appreciated....thanks!!

Look in the Wiki for service manuals and down load the version for you, Will help you out more in the long run.

Tmod

Comment

Axle gets 47 ft lbs, and the pinch bolt gets 16.5 ft lbs on the 06.
      2006 Katana 750 - Daily therapy
      2005 ZZR1200 - Weekend therapy

Comment

Hey, I just changed out the fork oil on my 06 a few weeks ago. The allen bolt for the wheel is a 12mm. I bought it on a 3/4 driver, so I could use it on my torque wrench. It looks something like this:

Don't know if you guys have one or not, but if not, I only found a 12mm at AutoZone. Went to 4 different places before that and everyone only had them going up to 10mm. AutoZone had a pack of 3 (I think 11,12,13) or something like that. The manual only shows for up to 2002, so it doesn't specify the torque for the allen bolt, so I just torqued it the same as the 2002 nut, which is 44Nm. Mine hasn't come loose yet Shoot me a PM if you have any other issues. Oh yeah, I think the fork nut is a size 26mm, just in case you need to get one of those as well. I had a lot of metric stuff, but still had to buy some tools to fit the job. Hopefully you guys have them already!
        "When you work on your mysterious lady part stuff, you should have the right tools, too. That's why you should use Maypax. The official tampon of NASCAR." Ricky Bobby

sigpic

Comment

Remember if there is a castle nut
          (one of these)

you start at the lowest torque and only go up until you can fit the pin!

Comment

Working...
          X