X

gsxr brakes. pulsations at slow speeds?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Black_peter View Post
    Oddly enough, you can't do that with many bobbins (good a word as any).
    The kind that have cerclips, so you can remove the washers.
    Even the Kat discs have float. Not a lot but they float. You can grind off the swaged back of the bobbin and buy new cerclip style (almost $10 each!)

What about the retaining clips for the pads?
    I don't know those calipers, are they opposed piston as in there are 4 pistons so there isn't a centering pin right, or 2 pistons (like 98+) where there the caliper slides side to side? If they are 2 piston maybe the pin is bound up? Now no offense to who made the adapters.. But are you sure the centering of the caliper to the disk are right? Maybe one is off and it's pulling?
    Hey I take offense to that, The caliper is a 4 piston with a single pad pin in the center.

Tmod

Comment

Oddly enough, you can't do that with many bobbins (good a word as any).
      It sounds like Brit-speak to me (no offense, I really wish I spoke, uh, English).....

Ya be'uh be bloo'ey careful with 'at, or ya might mung up ya bobbins!

The kind that have cerclips, so you can remove the washers.
      Even the Kat discs have float. Not a lot but they float. You can grind off the swaged back of the bobbin and buy new cerclip style (almost $10 each!)
      That's a lot of scratch for a set of bobbins! And all that just so they make the race-bike clatter.....

I've never attempted to remove the washers from the bobbins.... just little bits of info I picked up somewhere. I guess I always assumed they were just reaching in behind there with a pick or something and yanking on them. Never had a bike with removable bobbins before.
      Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

Originally posted by Tmod View Post
        Hey I take offense to that, The caliper is a 4 piston with a single pad pin in the center.

Tmod

I knew you did bud.. I hated to raise the specter of a problem with the design.
        But as the scorpion said to the Turtle; It's just my nature..

Comment

I knew you did bud.. I hated to raise the specter of a problem with the design.
          But as the scorpion said to the Turtle; It's just my nature..
          Was just messin with ya, But I have had the same exact setup on my bike for well over a year with no problems. But that brings up a thought, If the caliper was offsides that would cause a constant pressure against the rotor. Being that this is a pulsation problem you would need room for the pads to push back in to feel it at the lever.

Tmod

Comment

I think someone burned up their rotors, and replaced them... then dumped them off on craigslist playing dumb.

Krey
            93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Originally posted by Kreylyn View Post
              I think someone burned up their rotors, and replaced them... then dumped them off on craigslist playing dumb.

Krey
              +1 sounds like you got a hosin, bud....

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Originally posted by EmpiGTV
              You know why you shouldn't hold in your farts? Because they'll travel up your spine and into your brain. That's where shitty ideas come from.

Comment

lol very possible. i guess ill try a set of rotors i only payed 75 bucks for the entire caliper/rotor setup anyways so i guess even after buying a set of rotors i still kind of made off

Comment

Originally posted by Miyagi View Post
                  lol very possible. i guess ill try a set of rotors i only payed 75 bucks for the entire caliper/rotor setup anyways so i guess even after buying a set of rotors i still kind of made off
                  If ya got some time to kill send me the rotors and I will check the runout, Pay shipping both ways.

Tmod

Comment

sounds like a deal thanks again

Comment

Tmod, can you straighten them too?

Comment

I may be wrong, but...

I don't believe it's possible to straighten warped rotors...

Krey
                        93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Even if it is possible I don't think I would get into that, A small crack on a rotor that you cannot see and bad things could happen.

I see there are people out there that do straighten them though.

Tmod
                          Last edited by Tmod; 02-22-2010, 10:25 PM.

Comment

UPDATE:
                            well today i fixed it. I ended up having to put a new set of rotors and pads on but the pulsation is gone. thank god to it was driving me crazy

Comment

Originally posted by Miyagi View Post
                              UPDATE:
                              well today i fixed it. I ended up having to put a new set of rotors and pads on but the pulsation is gone. thank god to it was driving me crazy
                              Cool glad to hear ya got it fixed.

Tmod

Comment

Working...
                              X