X

Busa master cylinder an upgrade?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Busa master cylinder an upgrade?

Ive been looking to uprade my brakes front master cylinder. Ive done a search and noticed most guys use a Gsxr master cylinder, but searching ebay ive noticed the Gsxr fluid resevior is plastic. The Busa master cylinders have a square master cylinder like the Kat, which look better and will match my Bandit Hydraulic clutch resevoir.

I know Busa's have Tokico 6 pots, so will the master cylinder be eough pressure for my stock Kat calipers?
    Originally posted by arsenic
    93 octane fuel and K&N pod filters rock.

I have looked at my kat and busa over and over again and they look to be identical masters.
    sigpic
    2004 hayabusa LE-my ride
    2006 ninja 250-the wifes ride

Riding is not just something you do, its a way of life.

Comment

the housings are the same im pretty sure, now for the internal bits that could be a different story.
      Chrome Project Part 1
      http://www.freewebs.com/mreedohio/

Chrome Project Part 2

http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Chrome Project Part 3
      http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192&page=30

Chrome Project Finished
      http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=107586

Comment

Originally posted by ckholloway View Post
        I have looked at my kat and busa over and over again and they look to be identical masters.
        Is the piston the same diameter?
        Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

gsxr (slingshot) gsxr (90's watercooled), bandit 12, sv1000, tl100, busa mastercylinders & loads of others are all interchangable, basically if its made for nissin 4 pots/6 pots or tociko 4 pots/ 6 pots it will work no worries

Not sure about ones made for the later radial brakes though
          Renthals & twin spots do not make a streetfighter !

Comment

Look on the underside of the master cylinder where the piston chamber is and you will see a number cast into the body of the master cylinder, On the post kats it should have a 14 and I think pre's have a 5/8. IMO stick with the post kat master cylinder and it should be fine.

Tmod

Comment

Black_peter did a write up. And I think he swapped his MC to a radial MC from a GSXR.
              -Steve

sigpic
              Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
              Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Originally posted by loudnlow7484 View Post
                Is the piston the same diameter?

That I am not sure of. What I do know is if it has enough wow to stop the busa it's got enough to stop the Kat. That is going to be my next upgrade when the one on the can fails.
                sigpic
                2004 hayabusa LE-my ride

Comment

Not that this will help any, but when I was comparing the banjo bolt from my 1999 Yami R1 front OEM brake hose, it was the same diameter and pitch as my Kat brake master cylinder. In other words, it mated, which means you may be able to use other manufactures.
                  How To Install Race Tech Emulators & Rebuild Forks
                  How To Repack Yoshimura RS3 Exhaust
                  How To Install Oil Cooler Fans
                  How To Install Audiovox Cruise Control On A 1998+ Katana

Comment

Yup, I have a zx10 rr master on mine. I had to have Jimmy (HS2020) send me a new banjo bolt if I remember correctly.

New to Katriders? Click Here!

Comment

That I am not sure of. What I do know is if it has enough wow to stop the busa it's got enough to stop the Kat. That is going to be my next upgrade when the one on the can fails.
                      Check Tmod's post above...... look for the number cast into the M/C, and let us know if they're the same. Piston size is just to get the right leverage ratio against the size of the pistons in the calipers, not a measure of power.
                      Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

Originally posted by loudnlow7484 View Post
                        Check Tmod's post above...... look for the number cast into the M/C, and let us know if they're the same. Piston size is just to get the right leverage ratio against the size of the pistons in the calipers, not a measure of power.
                        And when you find its not there because there's no number on SOME nissin master cylinders, just use it anyway just be sure it comes from one of the 4 pot or 6 pot equiped bikes as mantioned above

This mod is not an upgrade btw, unless your original master cylinder is shot its purely asthetic

Comment

I will look and see what I can see when I get home tonight but I am not going to take it off the bar. If it is not visable while on the bike you are out of luck sorry. They are not nissan calipers on the busa so it shouldn't be a nissan master, but I will look.
                          sigpic
                          2004 hayabusa LE-my ride

Comment

They are not nissan calipers on the busa so it shouldn't be a nissan master, but I will look.
                            Depends on the year fella

Comment

Originally posted by tone View Post
                              This mod is not an upgrade btw, unless your original master cylinder is shot its purely asthetic
                              Thats what Im wondering. My master cylinder works fine, but Im looking for an upgrade. I ordered HEL lines and EBC HH pads, I just figured Id go all out. If I can get performance and aesthics that is an added bonus. But ill take performance over looks anyday.
                              Originally posted by arsenic
                              93 octane fuel and K&N pod filters rock.

Comment

Working...
                              X