X

Cleaning up the rear of the swing-arm

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cleaning up the rear of the swing-arm

I have always disliked the adjusters for chain tension on the Kat. One of a few items I thought Suzuki cheaped us out on. The 600 Bandit, a cheaper bike has a really nice adjuster. And since the rim and swing-arm are almost identical I thought of trying them. Mine are from a 97 600, cast aluminum and polish up very nicely. I think over the winter I will have them chromed to match the swing-arm. A direct replacement without any modifications. Only paid $20 from a wrecked Bandit.

Bike is sold

I agree that looks tons better than what is on ours now (look even better after chrome), another thing to add to the list!
    Nik
    88 Katana GSX600F, 19k miles, Total Custom- Soon to be revealed!!!!!!!

Comment

Wow.
      Everytime I see your bike I stare at the picture for at least 5 minutes to look at all the details you have done......Awesome..simply Awesome.
      My sig is boring.

Comment

That is sweet, I want a couple, Please.
        TDA Racing/Motorsports
        1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
        Who knows what is next?
        Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
        Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

Spedee I want to know how much money you spend on chrome polish and wax every year. I like the new addition. It is a simple swap and it really cleans up the look of the swing arm.

Comment

Great idea Speedee, I agree that the stock adjuster on the Katana looks very cheap.
            I'm completely in favor of the separation of Church and State. My idea is that these two institutions screw us up enough on their own, so both of them together is certain death. - George Carlin

Join the Zietgeist Movement
            http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...3847743189197#

Comment

I was wondering about those..
              I saw them in another picture you posted lately..
              I thought it looked really slick..

Nice mod. really improves the looks of the
              swing arm..

Comment

Looks very nice, and much cleaner. Did the swingarm come polished like that stock?
                Kan-O-Gixxer!
                -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
                -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
                -Ohlins Susupension
                -Various Other Mods

Comment

Thanks all. I love the suttle mods.

Originally posted by SweetLou
                  Looks very nice, and much cleaner. Did the swingarm come polished like that stock?
                  I had it chromed. Kat swing-ams are steel.
                  Bike is sold

Comment

Yep, always thought the same thing about the stock ones. With these new ones, not only do they look much better but they have much better aerodynamics when riding backwards.
                    Suzuki Katana: The best underated motersicle in da woild

Comment

Okay , they DO look a bit nicer . But allen heads ? That's gotta make it a great FUNCTIONAL mod , too ! Gotta be quicker adjusting the thing with allens (specially if you got a bit on a socket) than box wreches . Not bad . Golf clap ? Golf clap .
                      I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Wow very nice Spedee
                        Kyle

Comment

only thing Spedee, it isn't chrome LMAO
                          TDA Racing/Motorsports
                          1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
                          Who knows what is next?
                          Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
                          Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

I'm gonna try and retro my Pre 98..
                            I like the allen heads way too much but I'm a cheap you-know-what..

I'll keep haunting Ebay for the blocks though!

Comment

For the last time people..... Spedee is CARBON... Beek is CHROME.

GEEEEEESH!! When will you learn.

Comment

Working...
                              X