X

EBC HH sintered pads OK?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EBC HH sintered pads OK?

I've read other people say they like EBC HH brake pads here, so I decided to order some from BikeBandit.com. I have an '06 600 Kat and used their online parts "wizard" to find the matching pads. However, they don't look like I expected them to. There's no notch in the top, just a solid lead-colored pad attached to a copper-colored plate.

Part number is FA63HH. Did I get the right ones?

Thanks!

MM

The should look like this

Those are for the rear.
    -Steve

sigpic
    Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
    Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Originally posted by Motormike View Post
      I've read other people say they like EBC HH brake pads here, so I decided to order some from BikeBandit.com. I have an '06 600 Kat and used their online parts "wizard" to find the matching pads. However, they don't look like I expected them to. There's no notch in the top, just a solid lead-colored pad attached to a copper-colored plate.

Part number is FA63HH. Did I get the right ones?

Thanks!

MM
      Sounds right to me. My stock Tokicos had the line through the center and the EBC HH does not.
      90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
      I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
      Originally posted by soulless kaos
      but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Cool. They look exactly like Steves's's... Thanks!

Comment

Mike did you just need the rear pads? if so you are good to go. If you needed fronts then nope those are not the right ones.
          www.mopowersports.com

Comment

Yuppers there rears!
            Joker
            The newest addition to the Family!
            sigpic
            stop by the garage for a better look!

Comment

Is it normal for them to squeal just before coming to a stop? I've only had the new pads on 100 miles or so.

Thanks,

MM

Comment

Is it normal for them to squeal just before coming to a stop? I've only had the new pads on 100 miles or so.

Thanks,

MM
                Apply a thin coat of high temp antiseize to the back of the pad (the surface opposite of the one that contacts the rotor)
                Blood , its in you to give! http://www.blood.ca/

Comment

I have HH's on my busa and can't make them stop squeaking either. I think it just the nature of the material in the pads
                  sigpic
                  2004 hayabusa LE-my ride
                  2006 ninja 250-the wifes ride

Riding is not just something you do, its a way of life.

Comment

Originally posted by ckholloway View Post
                    I have HH's on my busa and can't make them stop squeaking either. I think it just the nature of the material in the pads
                    Try cleaning the pins they slide on with some steel wool.
                    R.I.P. Marc (CyberPoet)

Comment

Originally posted by katman05 View Post
                      +1

I had some gunk and slight rust buildup on my pins when I installed my HHs. Cleaning them off stopped it.
                      90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
                      I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                      Originally posted by soulless kaos
                      but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Originally posted by katman05 View Post
                        I've done that but I will do it again if you think it will help.

I'll try almost anything once or twice.
                        sigpic
                        2004 hayabusa LE-my ride
                        2006 ninja 250-the wifes ride

Riding is not just something you do, its a way of life.

Comment

I would think HH pads for the rear are a bit of overkill. You can only use as much rear brake as it takes to lock the rear tire. Normal pads do this with ease. Once you have locked the rear tire, you have gone past the usable braking power limit of the rear braking system.

Seems kind of like putting 93 octane in the tank and expecting a performance increase.

HH pads for the front, hell yea. For the rear? If you feel like spending the money, sure.

Just a thought.

Comment

Thanks,

MM
                            Mine dont squeal, but I always use emery cloth to remove the glaze of the rotors and I also clean the new pads with brake parts cleaner.

Comment

Not that I'm riding a Kat, currently on a Ninja 250, but I just put on a new rotor and new EBC FA129HH pads on my front wheel and it made a big difference. They also didn't have the notch or center space like my originals did.
                              Tony
                              Last edited by TonyKZ1; 09-18-2009, 02:31 PM.
                              1997 Yamaha Seca II - mostly stock, Racetech upgraded forks, FZ6R rear shock, Oxford Sports Style Heated Grips, Barkbusters Blizzard Cold Weather Handguards, a Scottoiler vSystem chain oiler. My Mileage Tracker Page

Comment

Working...
                              X