X

Lowering Links

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lowering Links

I just bought a 1988 600cc Katana, and I want to lower it a couple of inches.
    Where would I be able to obtain lowering links for a bike that old?? Or
    does anybody know which other years of Katana's would fit??

(Also, I would love to know if there are other years of bikes that would fit my bike for other parts, like mufflers, tail lights, etc??... Its really hard to find parts that fit, and I don't know what to order because I don't want to get something that won't fit)

Originally posted by Brit7758 View Post
    I just bought a 1988 600cc Katana, and I want to lower it a couple of inches.
    Where would I be able to obtain lowering links for a bike that old?? Or
    does anybody know which other years of Katana's would fit??

(Also, I would love to know if there are other years of bikes that would fit my bike for other parts, like mufflers, tail lights, etc??... Its really hard to find parts that fit, and I don't know what to order because I don't want to get something that won't fit)

All 88-97 kats are pretty much the same...600 & 750's

I 2 am new 2 katanas but not bikes in general so i know a little bit but just look around on this site at the posts and pics and you will find out all kinds of interesting information...and dont be afraid to ask questions...there are plenty of pretty nice people on here that will answer or show you where to find the answer to just about any question you may have...and there are vendors on this site that have pretty much any part your looking for.

Welcome 2 KR
    Speeding Wont Kill You,Whatever Stops You Will

My Build
    http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=114501

Comment

be sure to get familiar with the search option. it comes in real handy [/quote] just in case you don't know, oyur kat is considered a "Pre" due to he year.
      Last edited by bagyo; 06-05-2009, 04:58 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
      http://www.rollinhardriderz.com
      http://www.myspace.com/hostyle742

sigpic

Comment

Ne-oublie (a member here) makes lowering links. Send him a PM. I'm sure he has or can make exactly what you need.
        2006 GSXR 600 Gone to Gixxer heaven
        BMC Notorious 918 HT
        2007 GSXR 750

KATRIDERS SOCAL GROUP RIDE 2009

Comment

Thanks guys

Comment

I'm pretty sure if you go to your local shop they'll have lowering links that they can order for you. I lowered my 2005 Katana and they actually had the links in stock. But hopefully you know someone who can do it for you because they have to spend a few hours taking off the back tire and lowering the front forks at like $60 an hour for labor. Good luck!

Comment

Working...
            X