X

88GSX1100F Forks..

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 88GSX1100F Forks..

Hey I just got my bike up and about, and soon noticed that my front forks need some tlc.. the bike is in great shape and only has 20,000kms.. but has sat for like three years... The forks are mint, no leaks or signs of damage or previous leakage.... So can I just fill them up? or is there an adjustment hiding somewhere, I looked at the top and didn't see anything for adjusting....

Originally posted by 88GSX1100F View Post
    So can I just fill them up? or is there an adjustment hiding somewhere, I looked at the top and didn't see anything for adjusting....
    I'm assuming you mean filling them with fork oil? But then you mention adjustments, do you mean adjusting the oil or actual suspension adjustments?
    How To Install Race Tech Emulators & Rebuild Forks
    How To Repack Yoshimura RS3 Exhaust
    How To Install Oil Cooler Fans
    How To Install Audiovox Cruise Control On A 1998+ Katana

Comment

Hey I just got my bike up and about, and soon noticed that my front forks need some tlc.. the bike is in great shape and only has 20,000kms.. but has sat for like three years... The forks are mint, no leaks or signs of damage or previous leakage.... So can I just fill them up? or is there an adjustment hiding somewhere, I looked at the top and didn't see anything for adjusting....
      My 93 has fork preload adjusters under the plastic cover,dont know if 88's are different
      WOW! your bikes really fast! you were flying when i passed you!

xbox live= katana11
      We Will Always remember!
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by squiggy View Post
        I'm assuming you mean filling them with fork oil? But then you mention adjustments, do you mean adjusting the oil or actual suspension adjustments?

Well obviously yes with oil... I looked for an air valve but ya no dice.. haha, And when I say adjustments, I mean any sort of adjustment! They suck! If I can either adjust them in any way or top up the fork oil(seeing as they look mint and no leaks n such) instead of rebuilding them or replacing them I will be one happy camper... they arent horribly bad if I stay away from the bumps... but there are always bumps.. and I have to be easy on the front brakes... lol Help me out guys!

Comment

Well obviously yes with oil... I looked for an air valve but ya no dice
          That's why I mentioned that. I could remeber correctly if they had them or not.

As for adjustments, you could alter your compression by adding or subtracting fork oil. Or change the viscosity of the oil in your forks. Preload and sag can be altered by increasing or decreasing the spring spacer in the forks.

Those are the low-cost options. The higher cost options are new springs and Race Tech emulators.
          How To Install Race Tech Emulators & Rebuild Forks
          How To Repack Yoshimura RS3 Exhaust
          How To Install Oil Cooler Fans
          How To Install Audiovox Cruise Control On A 1998+ Katana

Comment

Working...
          X