X

Brake Rotors

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brake Rotors

What is the minimum thickness on front rotors for an 04 600. I am trying to find a used pair on ebay.

If you have a set your looking to replace, it's stamped on them.

Or you could look it up on this website...

Krey
    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Instead of starting another new thread i will just post in my old one. I bought a set of front rotors off ebay that were sold as 06 gsx katana 600 front rotors, they arrived today and are flat, ie not an offset mount. The single rotor I currently have is an offset mount on my 04 600. From the parts fiche on ronayers I was under the impression that the rotors were the same from 04-06. Is this the case? Which is correct, flat or offset? Is there a way to make a flat pair work on my bike?

Thanks
      jschatz

Comment

not without changing your rims

Comment

Ok, so an 06 600 is supposed to have contoured rotors.

Comment

Hmmm I was under the impression that the 03~06 had the flat rotors.

Tmod

Comment

Idk, my 04 currently only has a single rotor and it is contoured. Maybe my rim has been changed.

Comment

Anybody?

Comment

Originally posted by Kreylyn View Post
                  If you have a set your looking to replace, it's stamped on them.
                  My 2001 750 is stamped 4mm.
                  How To Install Race Tech Emulators & Rebuild Forks
                  How To Repack Yoshimura RS3 Exhaust
                  How To Install Oil Cooler Fans
                  How To Install Audiovox Cruise Control On A 1998+ Katana

Comment

Yeah i figured out the thickness is 4mm but now i need to know if the 04-06 600s were supposed to have contoured or flat rotors.

Comment

Originally posted by jschatz View Post
                      Yeah i figured out the thickness is 4mm but now i need to know if the 04-06 600s were supposed to have contoured or flat rotors.
                      If the offset rotors fit then that is what you need, The flat will not fit on the offset or vice versa without mods.

Tmod

Comment

I know they wont fit. But to return them I need to be able to say "You advertised these falsely, they arent for an 06 katana 600"

Comment

Ok just looked on the fiche on Bike Bandit for a 2004 600 and a 2006 750 and you take the same rotor as I do and mine are flat. So someone changed your rotors if you have the offset or the bike was wrecked and they changed the frame. Don't really know what is going on but the fiche says you should have flat rotors.

Rotor Part # is 1824614-001

Oh your package is on the way.

Tmod

Comment

Originally posted by Tmod View Post
                            Ok just looked on the fiche on Bike Bandit for a 2004 600 and a 2006 750 and you take the same rotor as I do and mine are flat. So someone changed your rotors if you have the offset or the bike was wrecked and they changed the frame. Don't really know what is going on but the fiche says you should have flat rotors.

Rotor Part # is 1824614-001

Oh your package is on the way.

Tmod
                            I know it was laid down out some point by the original owner but the title is for an 04. I guess my eyes are bad the pictures in the fiche look contoured to me.

And this is the one that is on my bike,

which is offset. So i guess when it was laid down the wheel was changed and the got the calipers to fit somehow. I guess I will have fun figuring out what size rotor and what bike they are off of or look at getting a new wheel. Thanks for getting that out for me Tmod.

Jschatz

Comment

Originally posted by jschatz View Post
                              I know it was laid down out some point by the original owner but the title is for an 04. I guess my eyes are bad the pictures in the fiche look contoured to me.

And this is the one that is on my bike,

which is offset. So i guess when it was laid down the wheel was changed and the got the calipers to fit somehow. I guess I will have fun figuring out what size rotor and what bike they are off of or look at getting a new wheel. Thanks for getting that out for me Tmod.

Jschatz
                              Yeah the image for the 06 looks the same but I can assure you it is flat. Sounds like ya just need to get another dished rotor and go from there.

Tmod

Comment

Working...
                              X