X

Fork Rebuild Parts

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fork Rebuild Parts

I already have the oil seals and the dust seals are on their way. I ordered it from a local shop, but I think I want to order the crush washer from online.

The part number in the How-To shows
    OEM Brass Crush Washer: 51148-36011 (2 needed)

I looked up this number at Ron Ayers and the description sounds right, but the number and the micro fiche don't match. The micro fiche ref# is 13, and this is a bolt in the micro fiche.
    http://fiche.ronayers.com/Index.cfm/...MPER_1989-1993

So is the description correct or is the micro fiche? Anyone see this before?
    1993 Kat 600 & 1999 Kat 750

That seems to be screwed up, The # I got for a 92 GSX100FN Katana for that copper crush washer is 503405-001 @ $2.12 ea.

If ya want to check out bike bandit here ya go Bike Bandit

Tmod

Comment

Originally posted by ottoguy View Post
      The part number in the How-To shows
      OEM Brass Crush Washer: 51148-36011 (2 needed)

The part number I posted in my "How To", if that's the one your talking about, is for my 2001 Kat. If you have a pre or even the 1100 Kat the part number could very well be different.
      How To Install Race Tech Emulators & Rebuild Forks
      How To Repack Yoshimura RS3 Exhaust
      How To Install Oil Cooler Fans
      How To Install Audiovox Cruise Control On A 1998+ Katana

Comment

I have a 93 Katana 600.

So the one that Tmod posted looks like it is the right one. I thought that crush washer was inside the fork though and not on the bottom.

Guess it will all make sense when I take it apart. Just trying to make sure I have all the right pieces ordered. Thanks for the info.

Comment

I have a 93 Katana 600.

So the one that Tmod posted looks like it is the right one. I thought that crush washer was inside the fork though and not on the bottom.

Guess it will all make sense when I take it apart. Just trying to make sure I have all the right pieces ordered. Thanks for the info.
          it is on the bottom as that is what holds the damping rod in and the fork together.

If you have a 600 why were you linking the fiche for a 1100? Still the same part number but you might want to keep a eye out for what fiche you are actually looking at.

Tmod

Comment

I have a 93 Katana 600.

Looking at Ron Ayers parts fiche for your model, the crush washer is the same part number as the 98+ (mine) Kats. The location in the fiche is #12
            Last edited by squiggy; 05-19-2009, 06:51 PM.
            How To Install Race Tech Emulators & Rebuild Forks
            How To Repack Yoshimura RS3 Exhaust
            How To Install Oil Cooler Fans
            How To Install Audiovox Cruise Control On A 1998+ Katana

Comment

Yea I was looking at the wrong fiche. Thanks, I think I have the right parts ordered now.

Comment

Working...
              X