X

lowering only the front end?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lowering only the front end?

hey guys so i got my 600 upper triple tree and clip ons back from powder coating today (they look amazing will post pics later) and i was planing on putting them on this weekend. i was thinking to give alittle more aggressive stance i would lower the front end maybe an inch since i was there. my question is will it be ok to only lower the front this much. will i encounter any problems with the way it rides? and if all this checks out will an inch drop give it that more aggressive look or should it be more/ less of a drop? thank you again guys for all the help.

lowering the front end changes the handling properties significantly even if done by just a 1"

Comment

Lowering the front 1" without lowering the rear is gonna make the bike feel really twitchy, you better be careful
      90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
      I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
      Originally posted by soulless kaos
      but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

so what im getting is i should probably just not do it lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Miyagi View Post
          so what im getting is i should probably just not do it lol.
          Moderation is the key to anything try it at 1/2" and then at 1" and see how it feels.

Tmod

Comment

take it from a guy with a 98+ 600 with a 3/4 in to 1 inch drop for a set of Vortex Clip on's - you are going to throw the entire bikes Center of gravity and geometry off- trust me i know- once i hit up Ace Hardware tomorrow - the clip on's come off, and the stock pieces go back on. ( I did not lower the Rear end of the bike)

on a side note - to those who want to go ahead and do this mod- lower the rear end of the bike in the same ammount as the front- if you do that - you will not lose the center of gravity and stability that the bike came with.

Comment

Imo lowering the front by 1" is extreme if the rear is not lowered by a similar amount, the bike will become twitchy, unstable & will turn very fast it wont look agressive or cool upside down in a ditch !

Circuit racers & road racers i have worked with only drop the forks through by up to 15mm & i consider this to be the the absolute maximum allowable, my advice would to try 10mm first & see how it feels

cheers tone
              Renthals & twin spots do not make a streetfighter !

Comment

Originally posted by tone View Post
                Imo lowering the front by 1" is extreme if the rear is not lowered by a similar amount, the bike will become twitchy, unstable & will turn very fast it wont look agressive or cool upside down in a ditch !

Circuit racers & road racers i have worked with only drop the forks through by up to 15mm & i consider this to be the the absolute maximum allowable, my advice would to try 10mm first & see how it feels

cheers tone
                He speaks the truth.
                90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
                I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                Originally posted by soulless kaos
                but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Originally posted by Miyagi View Post
                  hey guys so i got my 600 upper triple tree and clip ons back from powder coating today (they look amazing will post pics later) and i was planing on putting them on this weekend. i was thinking to give alittle more aggressive stance i would lower the front end maybe an inch since i was there. my question is will it be ok to only lower the front this much. will i encounter any problems with the way it rides? and if all this checks out will an inch drop give it that more aggressive look or should it be more/ less of a drop? thank you again guys for all the help.
                  To add to my comments...
                  Crosswinds in a inch drop front no inch drop rear- make riding this thing a real biatch too. CP know i complain about it alot- but i've still yet to have time to fix it. Also you are adding much un-needed weight to the front end of the bike which in the long run will probably put you ahead of schedule on any fork re-builds.

Comment

I have a 60 series tire on the front and don't even like that....
                    98 GSX750F
                    95 Honda VT600 vlx
                    08 Tsu SX200

HardlyDangerous Motosports

Comment

Working...
                    X