X

Rear suspension?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear suspension?

So the rear suspension just bottoms out when I sit on my 1994 750 kat, I was wondering what like the problem, and what is a good replacement?

Bike is also less stable in corner transitions.

Bottoming out by "just sitting" on the bike is a too soft spring.

Comment

OK come clean, what do you weigh??

On a 94 you have the click position spring preload.. As strange as it seems the choices are:
      1. You're a heavy guy (girl?).
      2. The preload adjuster is broken and the spring isn't being held in the right place.
      3. The spring was damaged/broken somehow

Comment

Originally posted by Phoenix64 View Post
        and what is a good replacement?
        Everything from the best brake pads to use, installing new brake lines,
        swing arm swaps, adjusting your suspension or rebuilding your forks.
        Everything you need to know on those topics and so much more is here.
        How To Install Race Tech Emulators & Rebuild Forks
        How To Repack Yoshimura RS3 Exhaust
        How To Install Oil Cooler Fans
        How To Install Audiovox Cruise Control On A 1998+ Katana

Comment

210lbs, and it didn't always do this. It just started mid ride one day.

Comment

Get down and look at the spring on the rear shock. I'd say either the spring is broken or there's a busted part in the linkage.
            Chris

Originally posted by jetmerritt
            Save up for great gear and dress for the fall before you ride. If you can't afford good quality gear, don't ride. It's like saying you can't afford seat belts for your car. There are just no laws to make gear mandatory.

Comment

No one's considered that the shock might just be old and worn out? It's 15 years old, might need a bit of freshening up.
              90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
              I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
              Originally posted by soulless kaos
              but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Sounds like something in the Suspension went south on ya. As some said check the spring and make sure the linkages are good and no bolts broke. If it is indeed the shock you may want to give the R6 shock a try and I have one right here for sale.

Tmod

Comment

Originally posted by scottynoface View Post
                  No one's considered that the shock might just be old and worn out? It's 15 years old, might need a bit of freshening up.
                  Won't happen like that mid-ride . SOmething musta brokeded .....
                  I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Working...
                  X