X

RF 900 Shock Canister

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RF 900 Shock Canister

I've got an RF shock and I filled it with air to check for leaks before I recharged it with the gas. I didn't mount it to my bike yet. After about 2 days I checked it and it was empty . What to do now ? All the hoses look in good condition, but who knows. Does anyone know how to rebuild them on KR ?
    BLACK KATS R THE SHIZNIT!!!! :flipping:

sigpic

How are you charging it and you have a image of this shock and reservoir?

Tmod

Comment

I just had the local stealership test it with air before I actually had them do the gas recharge. I will post up a pic when I get back home.

sigpic

Comment

I can do the shock but I am not sure it would be worth it to send it to me as I am out in Cali.

Let me know what they would charge to repair the shock.

Tmod

Comment

I'll send you a PM Tmod.

sigpic

Comment

Do you trust the shop the charged the shock (and I assume you) to have done the job correctly? Did they attach a gauge and leave it attached during the test period? Do they sell a new shock or do they rebuild shocks and perhaps have a monetary interest in your shock failing to hold air?
            With it charged with air you could test for the leak by spraying liquid window cleaner (or a diluted soap and water solution) on all the connections and fittings and sealed areas, then watch for the bubbles.

Comment

Originally posted by GregS View Post
              Do you trust the shop the charged the shock (and I assume you) to have done the job correctly? Did they attach a gauge and leave it attached during the test period? Do they sell a new shock or do they rebuild shocks and perhaps have a monetary interest in your shock failing to hold air?
              With it charged with air you could test for the leak by spraying liquid window cleaner (or a diluted soap and water solution) on all the connections and fittings and sealed areas, then watch for the bubbles.

Actually I don't fully trust any dealership. They're always trying to make a little extra cash of their customers. This particular one ships them out to get rebuilt. I'm not sure if they attached a gauge or not. Maybe I'll just fill it with air and check for leaks on the connections , fittings , and sealed areas like G suggested. I just need to know what the proper psi should be.

sigpic

Comment

Right about 200 PSI.

Tmod

Comment

Thanks T.

sigpic

Comment

Here are some pics of the shock T.
                    Attached Files