No announcement yet.
X

weak brakes help!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Also helps when it has been completely disassembled to let it gravity bleed for awhile before bleeding. Just leave the bleeders open and catch the fluid, make sure the master cylinder stays full. After it flows solid, refer to regular bleeding.
    Must read for carb tuners......http://www.factorypro.com/tech/tech_...m_engines.html

Comment

Couple things

First things first. If you are still using your stock lines, that could be part of the problem. When you do a rebuild, and keep the stock lines, your adding newer, better technology with older stuff. Also it could be there is still some air in the lines. Finally, the brakes your talking about are pretty strong to begin with. I hope the lines your waiting for are stainless braided. The stock junk likes to expand with age. Add all those factors together, and you've just compounded the problem. Best bet, be patient, wait for the new lines, and then see what you have. Good luck, and keep the shiny side up out there!!

Comment

Originally posted by sredhawk480 View Post
        First things first. If you are still using your stock lines, that could be part of the problem. When you do a rebuild, and keep the stock lines, your adding newer, better technology with older stuff. Also it could be there is still some air in the lines. Finally, the brakes your talking about are pretty strong to begin with. I hope the lines your waiting for are stainless braided. The stock junk likes to expand with age. Add all those factors together, and you've just compounded the problem. Best bet, be patient, wait for the new lines, and then see what you have. Good luck, and keep the shiny side up out there!!
        No mc testing today???

Comment

just woke up... back to the bike...

i dont know if i can graviy bleed with speed bleeders... but im try n find the old bleeders.

and yes the new lines are ss lines but i cant really be patient and wait for the lines. ive got alot of tuning to do in less than 2 weeks. ive got a huge ride coming up.... (portland on the 23rd).
          Last edited by il_ragazzo; 04-11-2009, 02:52 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
          Please, Just go home, relax, and have a think or two... hell... have as many as you can handle! It'll do all of us some good.
          Tony
          94 Katana 600

Comment

Originally posted by il_ragazzo View Post
            just woke up

I used to be able to sleep until 12-1 PM.

If you can, use a hand vacuum pump like Mityvac or equivalent.
            How To Install Race Tech Emulators & Rebuild Forks
            How To Repack Yoshimura RS3 Exhaust
            How To Install Oil Cooler Fans
            How To Install Audiovox Cruise Control On A 1998+ Katana

Comment

yeah.... i dont even know where to find one of those. ok so i located a dealer in the next town over... but how much do they run for? yeah i just called them and vacums are a lil out of my price range for at the moment.

but while i was thinking about it i thought that the main differences between 94 kat and 94 gsxr brakes is that the gsxr's are HUGE! and the kat has bleeders on BOTH sides of each caliper. meaning in the gsxr system i must push fluid into the other half of the caliper. who designed this!? i like the kats quad bleeder system
              Last edited by il_ragazzo; 04-11-2009, 03:30 PM.
              Please, Just go home, relax, and have a think or two... hell... have as many as you can handle! It'll do all of us some good.
              Tony
              94 Katana 600

Comment

You have access to a syringe to push fluid backwards?

Tmod

Comment

Why are they linked? I know it's the design, but I don't see that being a better system.

Comment

the brake lines are linked for now be cause i dont have the new lines yet.... the calipers on the kat imo are designed better because the are 2 bleeders per caliper as apposed to 1 per caliper. (94 gsxr)

yeah ive got a syringe!.... some where?...
                    Tony
                    94 Katana 600

Comment

If you can find that syringe start from the bleeder the furthest away from the master cylinder and using a hose off the end of the syringe push brake fluid into the bleeder and keep doing this until is comes out in the mc. Depending on the size of the syringe this could be quick or take awhile.

Tmod

Comment

wow thats a freaking good idea!

Right now im gravity bleeding the brakes and if that doesn't work then ill syring it.
                        i dont know why but the brakes just dont do anything till the lever is ALL the way back its so weird...

4th bottle of brake fluid....

it could also be that im useing a MC from a 2001 gsxr 600 (4 pot) i could swap back to the 94 gsxr MC but... its really dirty inside.

gravity bleeding does not really work that well with speed bleeders.

so i looked at the 2 MC and they are exactly the same... same shape same width same lenght.... only one is alot cleanner.
                        Last edited by il_ragazzo; 04-11-2009, 04:35 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
                        Tony
                        94 Katana 600

Comment

Originally posted by katanafreak93 View Post
                          Get rid of the speed bleeders. Put stock bleeders back in. Fill master cyl. to top. put a piece of vac hose on bleeder then into brake fluid bottle. crack open bleeder and pump lever till all air is out of system. Continually check master cyl and fill as needed. Close bleeder.

Right now im gravity bleeding the brakes and if that doesn't work then ill syring it.
                          i dont know why but the brakes just dont do anything till the lever is ALL the way back its so weird...

it could also be that im useing a MC from a 2001 gsxr 600 (4 pot) i could swap back to the 94 gsxr MC but... its really dirty inside.

so i looked at the 2 MC and they are exactly the same... same shape same width same lenght.... only one is alot cleanner.
                          Last edited by Kfreak; 04-11-2009, 04:38 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Look for a number on the body of the mc where the piston would ride in. Look on the outside of that and you should see 14 or 5/8 or some numbers like that. Are they both the same?

Tmod

Comment

nope both the same.... but no worries not it feels slightly better and should improve with lines.... i had to take every thing apart and start over from scratch. so... ill be back on this the brakes when the new lines come in?
                              Tony
                              94 Katana 600

Comment

This may help http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.p...BRAKE+BLEEDING
                                R.I.P. Marc (CyberPoet)

Comment

Working...
                                X