X

pre shock

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pre shock

anyone heard of this shock or company, its cheap but i wonder if that means its "CHEAP" even if its on jcwhitney-check it out-

Explore JC Whitney for premium auto parts & accessories, dive into car culture, & stay updated with the latest automotive events & tech trends

Originally posted by cleankat96 View Post
    anyone heard of this shock or company, its cheap but i wonder if that means its "CHEAP" even if its on jcwhitney-check it out-

http://www.jcwhitney.com/Suspension/...w?showCustom=1
    Progressive Suspension has been around a long time.

The shock is a little short on features but it also costs alot less than other name brands.

Ok that price is wrong, Try and buy it as it sells normally for about $400.00

Also Progressive Suspension doesn't show that they have a shock to fit anything kat related from 1996-2006.

Tmod
    Last edited by Tmod; 03-29-2009, 12:00 AM.

Comment

ya im just wondering if it would be a reasonable replacement shock for the money

Comment

Reread my post as I edited a few lines.

Tmod

Comment

so your saying just buy it cause it could be a misprinted price- also will it fit my pre?

Comment

so your saying just buy it cause it could be a misprinted price- also will it fit my pre?
            Don't really know if it will fit or not but at that price you can always return it or sell it. No harm in seeing if they come through.

Tmod

Comment

maybe if they still have it in a week ill try and get it

Comment

If you have a pre, I would look at the R6 Shock. I put one on mine and I don't regret it at all. The 06-07 requires minimal modifications. I will be trying the 08 shock here in the very near future. I will add to my previous post on the R6 shock install once I have tried it out.
                Always count on hitting pavement twice. First time from inexperience, the second from thinking you are experienced!

"The question isn't who is going to let me; it's who is going to stop me! "

Comment

did anyone notice the shock is sold in Pairs seems possible they mislisted the year and its for a vintage kat 750
                  Chrome Project Part 1
                  http://www.freewebs.com/mreedohio/

Chrome Project Part 2

http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Chrome Project Part 3
                  http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192&page=30

Chrome Project Finished
                  http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=107586

Comment

Originally posted by mreedohio View Post
                    did anyone notice the shock is sold in Pairs seems possible they mislisted the year and its for a vintage kat 750
                    Nope didn't even see that, Good point though.

Like Jimbo says just get a R6 shock and be done with it.

Tmod

Comment

Originally posted by Tmod View Post
                      Nope didn't even see that, Good point though.

Like Jimbo says just get a R6 shock and be done with it.

Tmod
                      how pricey are they and what do i have to do to it to make it fit, i read the write up on it but it said something about machining

Comment

how pricey are they and what do i have to do to it to make it fit, i read the write up on it but it said something about machining
                        I don't own a pre so Jimbo is the authority on what it takes to make it fit, There was no machining per se but he did have to modify the battery box a bit. The cost is dependent on what they are going for on Ebay. With the 08 R6 shock I really doubt you would have to modify anything as it has more clearance as they changed the design of it compared to the 06~07 R6 shock. The only thing that was required was bushings and I sent those along with the shock to Jimbo, They were required to reduce the clevis hole diameter to 10mm instead of 12mm stock.

Hope that answered your question.

Tmod

Comment

Originally posted by Tmod View Post
                          I don't own a pre so Jimbo is the authority on what it takes to make it fit, There was no machining per se but he did have to modify the battery box a bit. The cost is dependent on what they are going for on Ebay. With the 08 R6 shock I really doubt you would have to modify anything as it has more clearance as they changed the design of it compared to the 06~07 R6 shock. The only thing that was required was bushings and I sent those along with the shock to Jimbo, They were required to reduce the clevis hole diameter to 10mm instead of 12mm stock.

Hope that answered your question.

Tmod
                          ya it did but where do you get bushings from

Comment

ya it did but where do you get bushings from
                            I made them. I will make ya a set for a few bucks if you decide to go that route.

Tmod

Comment

Thanks ill keep that in mind when i get a few extra bucks

Comment

Working...
                              X