X

fornt fork shields

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fornt fork shields

On the 03+ (I think) Kats, do the sliders on the front forks have machined recesses that the fork shields fit into? I got some shields with my rebuild parts from Cyber and would like to put them on my pre 03 forks, and while they do fit on, they just don't seem right.

TIA,
    Dave
    Last edited by Astro4x4; 03-25-2009, 03:21 PM. Reason: Can't spell or type today !
    2000 Katana 600
    2011 Triumph Sprint GT

I'm talking about the bottom tubes and the black plastic thingies that snap on the top of them.

Anybody, anybody .... Bueller ?
    2000 Katana 600
    2011 Triumph Sprint GT

Comment

i dunno man, but here's a free...

BUMP
      -Marty (Red)

sigpic

BANGERANG RUFIO!

Comment

hehe.,.. plastic thingies..
        i love it when you talk technical like that, Dave =p
        the kat may be the gixxer's retarded cousin, but she's a hefty broad... and i do loves me some girth between my thighs.
        # 99 HYPERSLOTH RACING
        [02 gsx750f][03 cbr600rr]

Comment

I believe they do. one of my shields was cracked. Only noticed when I got it home from the PO. I had to place a zip tie to hold it in place in the groove.
          2004 GSX750F

Comment

Yeah, I guess they kinda fit on other years, but it isn't the same as the dust cover...

Comment

I put the same 04+ shields on my prior 2001 Kat and although they couldn't "snap into place" the way they would on the 04+ models, with a little force to seat them and optionally a little dab of silicone adhesive, they stayed in place for the next 9k miles before that bike was stolen, including some 800 mile days (most of which was at triple digits, plus at least a couple hundred miles of monsoon-like torrential down-pours)...

Cheers,
              =-= The CyberPoet

__________________________________________________ ________
              CyberPoet's Katana Maintence and Upgrade Parts Offerings
              The Best Metal Steel Aluminum Motorcycle Tire Valves in the World, plus lots of motorcycle & Katana (GSX600F / GSX750F) specific help files.
              Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Working...
              X