X

Brake Problems.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brake Problems.

Well, ive been having alot of pulsating and squeeking with just my rear brake for some time now (about a year) and I still cant figure out how to fix my bike.

At first i just didnt really care, but now when i get done with even a short trip down the street my rotor is hot as hell (burned my fingers pinching it for a second)

I took off the caliper and the pistons seem to move alright, i mean when i brake they squeeze together and when i let off they undo (like as much as a hair is wide)... but i think they are soposed to only move a tiny bit kuz they are floating brakes right?

the only thing is my pads touch together like a triangle... heres a little picture

the one pad just stays crooked like that. I can press it back and it stands straight up then when i let go it just falls back down like that.... i dono if the pins are bent or what but its causing a ton of heat buildup which is probably why the rotor is warped (if its warped, hope not but with my luck...)

can anyone help? any tips, what the funk should i do.....

i just spent $300 on new tires and 2500 on a new mac so i dont have money to waste on some mechanic to dick around with my sh*t

If you go for a ride then immediately put the bike on a stand, does the wheel spin freely or have noticeable drag?
    If it has drag then you must have a caliper that's sticking when hot or pads not moving freely.
    Did this start right after the tire replacement? If so maybe something got bent or not assembled correctly. Is the caliper properly centered over the rotor?

Comment

no this has been happening for awhile now. the caliper should be sitting correctly, i think the pads/clip are the problem i just dont really know what i can do to fix it

Comment

Maybe you need a shim, or maybe the metal springy thing that hold that pad in place is off or isn't springy enough?
        -
        -

I poured spot remover on my dog. Now he's gone.

Comment

well their ebc your not soposed to have a shim (something the po didnt know and had one in for god knows how long)

im guessing its the spring, just gotta get one ordered

Comment

If your rear rotor was very hot and this has been going on for some time the rotor may be warped causing your rear brake pedal to pulsate.
            R.I.P. Marc (CyberPoet)

Comment

It might be that the hole in the pad is blown out from not having been put together right the first time. The pads can move out of parallel but the rotor is what should keep them so. I would clean the snot out of everything and the pins especially. There shouldn't be any springs working on the pads. Just the ones that hold the pads to the pins. Don't be afraid to grease the pins.

Comment

theres 0 grease anywhere near that area, maybe its a good idea.

I think its my rotor, i contacted EBC because they didnt tell me the shims shouldnt stay on. They said they will send me a new pair of padds and a new rotor at cost ($72)

Comment

if you get the new pads and new rotor dont ruin them pull that caliper off clean it put new rubber seals in. flush your fluid out of the system. clean and lube the pins use car disc brake grease from the auto parts store and just a touch on the sids of the pads where they contact the caliper. fill with a high quality brake fluid such as Castrol LMA bleed system check for leaks your good to GO!

Comment

Just redid my brakes last week, and had both pads doing exactly that, until I turned the pad spring (#5) around. Both pads then sat nicely against the pistons.

Pics
                    Pics
                    No pics yet
                    Just because they sound the same doesn't mean they are: there≠their≠they're; to≠too≠two; its≠it's; your≠you're; know≠no; brake≠break

Comment

Originally posted by thetable View Post
                      Just redid my brakes last week, and had both pads doing exactly that, until I turned the pad spring (#5) around. Both pads then sat nicely against the pistons.
                      i could kiss you right now. Switching the pins around just solved the problem ive been tryin to figure out for like 6 months

i gave my calipers a good cleaning with a tooth brush and some brake clean, sprayed the backs of the padds with some pad silencer, greased the pins that hold the pads in, and switched the pins (#5) around

im so happy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

still have a warped rotor, but now i dont have to worry so much about the over heating

Comment

Originally posted by Edbean View Post
                        i could kiss you right now.

If I could give you one piece of advice, it would be to never say that again.
                        Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

Working...
                        X