X

help...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help...

OK i have a 89 kat ... i was ridin the other day an notices that my right fork had folk oil comin out of the top where the dust cover is .... did the inner seal go>>>? any info and help on what i will have to do now to fix it would be great thanx... eric

Yeah, sounds like your fork seal is shot. They're not really complicated to change, but it's somewhat time-consuming. Get a service manual and/or read at least this thread:

http://www.katriders.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=3227

If you don't want to do it yourself, taking the fork legs off would save you on the bill...

You might want to find out why the seal is bad - check the inner fork leg for dents. Maybe it just sat for a long time and dried out (that was what happened to mine).
    - Samuel

My 1988 Katana 600

Comment

KNOW THIS:

The fork oil should be changed every other year. The seals should be changed at least every other fork-oil change.

If there is any rust or pitting on the inner fork-tube, it will tear up the seals and will need to be replaced at the same time.

Like most things on the Kat, getting at it to change the oil and seals is at least 50% of the work time involved for most people.

Cheers
      =-= The CyberPoet
      Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Working...
      X