X

Front Brake Pad

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Front Brake Pad

Slightly new to doign my own work on the bike and owning one as of that. Having an issue with my front brake pad. Just the other day a few buddies were riding and we heard an awful grinding noise. Stopped and checked it out to see my front left pad hanging out and the caliper grinding against the roter. only one side fell out the other was in place on the other side of the roter. We checked it out and cleaned it up, then reinstalled everything. A few days later as i got home i heard the same noise and it was loose hanging again. Does anyone know any reason why this is happening or what can be done to fix it?

we don't know what bike you have... you should tell us or fill out your garage

i think your pads are installed wrong, you have the incorrect pads, or both. do you have a pic?

there should be pins (10) holding the pads on, and those pins should have clips (11) holding them in. in addition, there should be a plastic cap on the caliper covering all of these parts, at least on a pre-98 bike but i think on a 98+, as well

if you are missing something you need to replace it- check the fiche below, for a 98+:

1993 Suzuki GSX600F

Comment

oh ya a bit tired long day at work. i have a 98 GSX600F Katana.

Comment

Working...
      X