X

swingarm upgrade

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• swingarm upgrade

So I'm thinking of putting a 750 swingarm on my 95 katana 600 because I have a gsx-r shock and the 750 swingarm is longer. Anyway I was wondering if the 98+ swingarm will bolt up to the pre 98 frame. Thanks

also I know I will need a longer chain, but the grearing will remain the same correct? I also have a post 98 rim that going on, thats why I'm wondering about the post 98 swingarm.

Comment

The 98+ rim will bolt right up. There is a little difference in the pre98 to the 98+ swingarm. If I remember right they are both the same length for the 750. I suppose you are looking for the 98+ setup for braking on the rear?
      TDA Racing/Motorsports
      1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
      Who knows what is next?
      Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
      Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

yeah, I just need to know if the swingarm is the same width at the mounting points, I'm wondering if it will be a direct fit.

Comment

It is not "exactly" the same,
          See here:

Comment

Thanks for the link Chris. You did the same thing I want to do same bike and same swingarm and same shock, I'll get ahold of you when I get the parts together if I have any question. Thanks again.

Comment

I have a 1990 gsxr 750 as a doner bike for my project but the rear looks like it wont lineup. Any sugestions? My base bike is a 1993 Kat 600.
              1993 kat 600
              1990 GSXR 750
              2008 Z1000

Comment

holy really dead thread batman! Good job using the search button

Comment

so i am guessing you got it to work arsenic?

“Programming today is a race between software engineers stirring to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning.”

Comment

the 98+ swing arm on a pre 98 frame? Yeah, it takes some work, but it's pretty easy. I'll do a how-to on that one of these days, seriously, if want want to know how to do anything 98+ on a pre, I've done it Basically, in simple term, the 98+ pivot tube is wider and 98+ pivot bolt is a larger diameter. What you need to do is grind the pivot tube to the same size as the pre 98. Then use pre 98 swing arm bearings, bearing inserts, thrust washers, and pivot bolt. It's pretty easy if you have a bench grinder. Or a die grinder or a dremel with the flex attachment, basically anything that grinds things
                    Last edited by arsenic; 01-04-2008, 06:48 PM.

Comment

Sherwing arm

... and what difference does it make to the dynamics of your bike? Just curious..

Chaars.

Comment

well I have a GSXR rear shock with 98+ rear suspension parts and 98+ lowering links. A pre shorter swing arm probably corners faster, but the number 1 reason I went with a 98+ swing arm is because the torque link mounts on the bottom as opposed to the top, so I can use a rear hugger with no modification. So dynamic differences to the stock Katana suspension

Comment

This site has changed alittle thanks for the info.
                          1993 kat 600
                          1990 GSXR 750
                          2008 Z1000

Comment

Originally posted by newfie View Post
                            This site has changed alittle thanks for the info.
                            what does that mean

Comment

It looks different and I had some trouble looking for stuff.
                              1993 kat 600
                              1990 GSXR 750
                              2008 Z1000

Comment

Working...
                              X