Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

520 Chain conversions...??? For a Katana..

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 520 Chain conversions...??? For a Katana..

I noticed..no master link...Now I'm seeing "520 Chain Conversion" on E-Bay...Help me out...Is the chain on my 89 600 some funky size or something?

Thanks for any insite...
    A DAY WITHOUT SUN ....... IS LIKE NIGHT !

No 530 is the normal chain size but you can buy a conversion to 520 to save weight but they are not as strong
    PM me for Ultrasonic Carb Cleaning, pilot screw o-rings and washers and mercury refills

Harley Davidson
    The most efficient way to turn gasoline into noise without the biproduct of horsepower

Comment

Thanks... So being my stuff is just fine...Switching over really has no big bennies..And I may as well just leave it for now?...Thanks again for the insite

Mitch

Comment

yeep keep it how it is when its time for a new chain get a quality DID or RK chain

Comment

Kewl....Thanks you guys...

Comment

A 520 chain will also require sprockets made for a 520.

It will save you less than 1 pound and will wear out faster than a comparable 530.

However, you can then say stuff like: "I gots me a fatAZ 520 conversion, GP STYLE BOYYYYYYZZZZ!!!"

Buy a quality 530 chain and replace both sprockets at the same time. Search on this site for chain, oring, xring, sprockets, etc - you will find a million replies.
            I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity. -- Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

Working...
            X