X

rear brake rotor

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rear brake rotor

can this be fixedgot my bike today it been outside covered up all winter and the brake rotor is rusted bad can it be cleaned or time to replace
    "LOOK EARL ITS KARMA'S ARMY MADE UP OF THE PEOPLE FROM ALL OVER THE WORLD"

does anyone have the correct chain tensiner for my swing arms somone made some red neck ones for my bike

Comment

well usualy the surface rust will wear off after you ride it. but looks like its all on one side over the rotor and the other sides clean. if it ate into the metal on the bottom part then yea i would replace it.

Comment

The rotor..... ride it. You shouldn't be using your rear brake much anyway but a 15 minute ride with your foot dragging just a little on the pedal will clean that right off.

It would be VERY wise to take a scotchbrite pad ( $.50 at the hardware) and knock all the loose stuff off so that it doesn't get hung up in the pad and gouge it but there is no need to replace that rotor.

For the adjuster, hang tight and I'll see if Special K has one on the shelf. Pretty safe bet he does.
        Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register

Comment

ok good looking

Comment

Originally posted by BraadaJim
            The rotor..... ride it. You shouldn't be using your rear brake much anyway but a 15 minute ride with your foot dragging just a little on the pedal will clean that right off.

It would be VERY wise to take a scotchbrite pad ( $.50 at the hardware) and knock all the loose stuff off so that it doesn't get hung up in the pad and gouge it but there is no need to replace that rotor.
            +1

Unless the surface of the rotor is pitted, this is just surface rust and it'll come off readily. The rotors themselves are made of stainless steel and thus should clean up readily. Good time to check your brake pads for pad thickness and brakes for proper caliper action while you're at it!

KNOW THIS:
            If the snow built up high enough to touch the brake line hoses for much of the winter, flush the brake fluid. It should be flushed every other year; every year in high humidity locations -- and having snow up against the brake line for extended periods of time qualifies as high humidity for our purposes...

Cheers
            =-= The CyberPoet
            Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Originally posted by BraadaJim
              For the adjuster, hang tight and I'll see if Special K has one on the shelf. Pretty safe bet he does.
              I bet he does too. If not, I have a set in pretty good shape; for a 92 750 - the swingarm should not have changed... You can have them for the shipping (about 10-15 $ from here, though). PM me if interested.
              - Samuel

My 1988 Katana 600

Comment

I think BraadaJim and Cyber covered it for ya.
                TDA Racing/Motorsports
                1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
                Who knows what is next?
                Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
                Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

I've got about 10-12 sets here. $15 a set plus shipping......... figure $20 delivered
                  I've owned over 70 Katanas - you think I know anything about them?
                  Is there such a thing as TOO MANY BIKES?
                  Can you go TOO FAST on a bike?
                  Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register

Comment

Working...
                  X