X

Rear Brakes!!!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear Brakes!!!!

When I am rolling my bike out for a ride it sounds like my rear brakes are rubbing? When I start the bike I cant hear it but doesn't seem right to me! Dirty or need to replace pads and rotor?

It sounds like the parking brake is on....
    If you don't do it this year you will only be a year older when you do!

Did you check the thickness of the pads? I had a similar thing and it turned out that my pads where gone and it was rubbing metal on metal. (the guy before me neglected the bike a bit)

Another thing you want to think about is flushing your break system (recommended every two years) and while doing it, take apart your calipers and clean them. (did that on my car once - couldn't believe the difference)

Comment

Originally posted by pvt_mon
      Did you check the thickness of the pads? I had a similar thing and it turned out that my pads where gone and it was rubbing metal on metal. (the guy before me neglected the bike a bit)

Another thing you want to think about is flushing your break system (recommended every two years) and while doing it, take apart your calipers and clean them. (did that on my car once - couldn't believe the difference)
      I will check that out. I have been reading everything on here about brakes and did not see anything close to what I am hearing..
      If you don't do it this year you will only be a year older when you do!

Comment

Working...
      X