No announcement yet.
X

Heavy vibration on the interstate!!!!!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heavy vibration on the interstate!!!!!!

What should I do? Whenever I get over 65 on the interstate it feels like the bike is going to jump off the road and is all over the place. Should I get new shocks or change damping....Please help.

Man, that's hard to say. It could be any of a number of things. More detail would be helpful. Under what loading conditions, tread wear, load settings does it happen or increase? Smooth at lower speeds? Any previous accidents? -No matter how minor, a bump can throw something outta whack. Is it best described as a violent wobbling that begins suddenly or more like a vibration that increases amplitude with speed? Does the condition happen more under acceleration or braking? Have you checked the wheel/fork alignment, tires? -Give some more detail, please, so we can help you better.

Yours is a pretty new Kat to have such problems. I wouldn't ride it until I had that resolved. -My $.02
    =USAF= Retired

"If you can be convinced of an absurdity, you can be made to commit an atrocity." -Voltaire

Comment

Are you having the issues with a '06 750? Did you buy it new or used, how many miles? maybe it is the interstate or the 4000 - 6000 midrange engine vibration thats common among Kats.
      myspace
      2006 Suzuki Kat GSX750F

Comment

Vibrations on Interstate

The bike is brand new with only about 400 miles on it. Also, it is smooth as milk doing anything less than 65. I am the only rider and only thing on the bike. Thanks so much for your help.

Comment

If you are new to riding, or new to the Kat, There is a heavy mid-range vibration that can usually be fixed with a jet kit. If it feels like a suspension problem, it needs to go back to the dealership and have it questioned.
          myspace
          2006 Suzuki Kat GSX750F

Comment

Originally posted by Nero
            Man, that's hard to say. It could be any of a number of things. More detail would be helpful. Under what loading conditions, tread wear, load settings does it happen or increase? Smooth at lower speeds? Any previous accidents? -No matter how minor, a bump can throw something outta whack. Is it best described as a violent wobbling that begins suddenly or more like a vibration that increases amplitude with speed? Does the condition happen more under acceleration or braking? Have you checked the wheel/fork alignment, tires? -Give some more detail, please, so we can help you better.

Yours is a pretty new Kat to have such problems. I wouldn't ride it until I had that resolved. -My $.02

Man I with Nero, thats hard to say what it is. It could be a number of things, which nero has already said. I dont think it would be f/r tire allignment. Maybe the front tire threw a weight? Shooting in the dark really, need alot more info as Nero already said! Sounds stupid, but check the front axle thats it is tight! And check the steering head bolt that its tight. Info!!
            Um I dont know any wise quotes so go read katansoldiers quote in his signature!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
            X