X

GSX-R rear shock upgrade

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GSX-R rear shock upgrade

So my 92 GSX-R rear shock should be coming back from race tech soon. I'm kind of wondering about the rear seat height (the gsx-r shock should raise the height about 2 inches). I have a 600 and I was wondering if upgrading to the 750 swingarm will help even out some of the height difference. I know the 750 swingarm is longer and I was wondering if this affects the linkage. I was thinking that if the linkage is back a little bit than the height would lower some. Even if the 750 swingarm won't help with the height issue should I upgrade to the 750 swingarm anyway? Thanks for the input.

i probably wouldn't waste my time trying to readjust the height with longer dog bones - just send me the shock

tim

Comment

Originally posted by trinc
      i probably wouldn't waste my time trying to readjust the height with longer dog bones - just send me the shock

tim
      You can get the shcok pretty cheap, it's the race tech bill thats gonna hurt.

Comment

I have a 1992 NOS GSXR 1100 Rear shock I would be willing to part with. It's never been installed.

Comment

Mr. Clean--how much you want for it?? I may be able to take it off your hands...
          Good judgement comes from experience, and often experience comes from Bad Judgement :smt084
          Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com
          Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to Register

nah nah nah nah nah nah JAX! (special thnx to sexwax)

Comment

I'm asking $200 for it. It's worth it because it's brand new and never been installed. I paid $100 for it and another $100 to have the oil changed and get it recharged because when it was shipped to me one of the banjo bolts worked it's way loose and all the nitrogen leaked out. I know it won't fit a late model Kat (98+) without some mods. It's about 1/2" taller than a 98+ 600 shock. I decided it would be easier to use the late model 750 Kat shock I have here instead of messing with the 1100. It's going on eBay tomorrow so send me a PM if you are interested. First one with the cash takes it.

Comment

I have a per 98 kat but the price does sound good..hopefully someone can use it the way it is without any mods...thanks for the quick response.
              Good judgement comes from experience, and often experience comes from Bad Judgement :smt084
              Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com
              Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to Register

nah nah nah nah nah nah JAX! (special thnx to sexwax)

Comment

Working...
              X