X

Lowering Links

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lowering Links

What kinda of change on the bike does it cause if you put lowering link on it.

The link's lower it. The suspensions get stiffer, but it's not something that will have a profound effect on your riding.

Comment

k just wondering.

Comment

Shorter dogbones (suspension links) raise the rear.
        Longer dogbones lower the rear.
        Neither should affect your shock, thus your stiffness at the rear shouldn't change.

----

Raise the rear, and the handling becomes more flickable, but also more flighty. Ground clearance increases, meaning you can bank over further before any hard bits grind. If you are particularly heavy-set, it can also help you get more clearance between the underside of the seat and the tire.

Lower the rear, and the handling becomes more sedate, slower to respond, but the bike suddenly fits those with shorter legs better (allowing them to possibly stand flat-footed on the ground), but ground clearance is lost, meaning riders need to be careful over speed bumps and the like. Clearance between the underside of the seat area and the tire decreases as well (heavy-set, short riders will need to get a stiffer shock to help compensate).

-----

For the 98+, Ne-oublie custom fabricates both shorter and longer dogbones in any size you want from steel.

I carry a special batch of shorter ones made by Suzuki themselves for the 98+ Kats (same material as the OEM dogbones), which raise the bike up about an inch in the rear. I like Ne-oublie, so I recommend his to those about KR.

-----

For bikes being shortened, lowering the front some (by raising the fork tubes through the triple trees) is highly recommended to help keep the original steering geometry.

There is no way to raise the front beyond the original height it shipped with (and no real reason to want to).

-----

Drag racers often lower their bikes to reduce the total aero-drag on the bike.

Cheers,
        =-= The CyberPoet
        Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Working...
        X