X

97 RF900 Swingarm Swap to 93 Katana 750

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 97 RF900 Swingarm Swap to 93 Katana 750

Ok. I just picked up a 97 RF900 Swingarm off ebay for $70. Before you tell me to search I have. I want to swap it onto my 93 Katana 750. I guess to be simple I should get an RF rear weel, cush drive, brake, & axle. From there will my stock shock bolt up? Offset the front sprocket a little to try to get it to line up with the chain? Any info or step by step procedure would be sweet. I thought about getting a newer bike but decided to be differnent and go with my Kat. They really are alot faster than people think.

I think waltari did this with his bike. Look for his name under members then find all posts by him. I cant remember exactly where it is but you have to have custom spacers made to center it and I THINK the shock mounts might have been changed too
    Uh Oh here we go....

Comment

http://katriders.com/forums/viewtopi...ghlight=#39544 cuz i was bored
      Uh Oh here we go....

Comment

STOP...you cannot swap in a wider swingarm into the kat frame without cutting off the entire lower subframe rails and welding in new one higher up, the swingarm will hit where the arm meets the footpegs and will not allow full suspension compression.

Comment

Yeah man I know. I saw it in various different posts. I'm pretty well inclined on thigs like this and my buddy is a kick a$$ welder. Is it a lot to it or pretty straight forward? Thanks

Comment

Working...
          X