X

Pro-Oiler.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pro-Oiler.

Fitted this one today along with a new chainset, allso modded the gearing a little bit..
    Sprocket in front minus 1, rearsprocket +3, result 203Km/h on the GPS, the bike wants to wheelie in 1 and 2, even in third gear with a little help from the clutch.

The Pro-oiler is very nice, look for yourself guys 'nd galls

some pics...

display

electro-pump

oilcontainer

microprocessor

nozzles

reedswitch and magnet

looks good nice work should add some life to the chain
    it would not be any fun if it was easy! but does it have to be this much fun!!
    Give A Person Expetations To Live Up To Not to A Reputition To Live Down !!

Comment

I tried to contact them a while back to order one, and they never got back to me... meanwhile, I've acquired the exact same pump and am trying to devise the controller for it right now, to take the signal from the speedo sensor on the 98+ kats.

PS - great upgrade

Cheers
      =-= The CyberPoet
      Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Perhaps you're helped with this page CP?

It's written in German, but if you would have difficulties reading it, I'll gladly help you to translate it.

Look for the McCoi section!

Or this one

Comment

Nope, I didn't have anything to do with those pages, but do have a similar list on my Motorcycle chain wear and maintenance page.

Cheers
          =-= The CyberPoet
          Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

wow, thats pretty sweet kwebbel, nice work! 8)

Comment

Originally posted by The CyberPoet
              Nope, I didn't have anything to do with those pages, but do have a similar list on my Motorcycle chain wear and maintenance page.

Cheers
              =-= The CyberPoet
              I meant the electronic drawings aso on those pages CP, since you stated:

and am trying to devise the controller for it right now, to take the signal from the speedo sensor on the 98+ kats.

Comment

That's great, how difficult was it to install, and how long?
                Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register

Comment

Not difficult at all, took about 3 hours total (incl. left fairings) to install

Comment

Don't wana sound like a dumb-arse, but what exactly does it do, how much does it cost, and is it worth it?
                    Kan-O-Gixxer!
                    -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
                    -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
                    -Ohlins Susupension
                    -Various Other Mods

Comment

Originally posted by SweetLou
                      Don't wana sound like a dumb-arse, but what exactly does it do, how much does it cost, and is it worth it?
                      (A) Even at double the price, it's worth it, especially if you do any long-haul riding. Figure it will double-to-triple your chain and sprocket life expectancies on average-- how much will you save as a result in not having to replace them as often?

(B) What it does is oil your chain as you ride. The particular system he installed figures out how often to release a single drop of oil based on a sensor that counts wheel rotations (thus rear sprocket rotations). Most other systems do it via an adjustable knob that controls the flow rate (but those systems don't vary based on speed, which means too little oil at high speed and too much at stoplights).

(C) Prices vary by brand. Roughly, expect to pay $130 - $350, depending on how wiz-bang it is (and what the current exchange rate is, since most are built outside the USA). Like I said before, you'll find a pretty complete list in the CyberPoet's Motorcycle Chain Wear and Maintence page.

Cheers
                      =-= The CyberPoet
                      Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

This system costs 199$ p&p included shipped to the USA , taxes and duties excluded.

Great advantages of this particular system is that it's temperature and viscosity-independant, it's programmable for a specific chainwidth and lenght, you can adjust the lubrification on the fly by a simple push on the button, while riding.
                        Yesterday the rain was pouring overhere, so I grabbed the bike and went on a little trip of some 160Km, I stopped after 50Km to control the chain (as I'm still in the proces of finding out ideal settings under altering ridingcircumstances)and the lubrification proved to be too lean, so I choosed the emergency table which will soak the chain in about 15Km's, after that I choosed a richer table (2 up compared to the initial table) and controlled it again after 50km, the result was perfect, coming home I controlled again and the chain was nicely oiled.

It's a cheap way to lube the chain, much cheaper than using aerosols, if calibrated the proper way fling-off is allmost zero, rim and swing stay clean and the chain is allways nicely oiled.
                        Another great advantage is the fact that oil is the better choice to lube chains, while it is non sticky and thus selfcleaning, lubing with oil gives your chain and sprockets a lifetime expectancy till 3 times the lifetime off a well-maintained airosollubed chain.
                        Conclusion in about 15K kilometers I will play even considering totalcosts, apart from that I think it's a nice looking mod.. (I'm fond of gadgets, especially those which make sense)

/edit
                        YES it's defenitily worth it, it looks sharp, greatly extends life-expectancy to the chain and sprockets, keeps the chain and sprocket areas cleaner, deminishes maintenance due to a far less wearing and thus less stretching chain.
                        If properly installed, all you have to do from that point on is once in a while checking/filling the oilcontainerlevel. (and offcourse the system itself)
                        Average oilconsumption of this system is about 1,5 ml every 100km in normal dry circumstances, the container is 150ml cap...

Comment

A few other thoughts...

I just found out that most of the aerosols in spray oil and paraffin (chain wax) products isn't very healthy for the seals; the manufacturers' lobby for these products recommend spraying after riding instead of before, so the VOP's/aerosols evaporate again before the chain starts moving. By using an auto-oiler, you eliminate this issue altogether (since it uses a liquid), and depending on where you live -- temperature-wise -- you can use anything from your used motor oil to gear oil straight from the bottle fill it up. Finally: oil is inherently a better agent between load bearing surfaces than paraffin waxes, aside from it's self-cleaning nature (aka inherent tendency to fling & take dirt with it).

Cheers
                          =-= The CyberPoet
                          Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

That system that kwebbel has, is that available here in the states, and if so how much? I would be interested in something like that big time. I like the idea of it being computerized so you can adjust everything with the touch of a button.
                            Kan-O-Gixxer!
                            -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
                            -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
                            -Ohlins Susupension
                            -Various Other Mods

Comment

Originally posted by SweetLou
                              That system that kwebbel has, is that available here in the states, and if so how much? I would be interested in something like that big time. I like the idea of it being computerized so you can adjust everything with the touch of a button.
                              You can order it directly from them (Kwebbel put the link, and listed the price at $199 including S&H to the USA).

Cheers
                              =-= The CyberPoet
                              Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Working...
                              X