GSXR 600 MC

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GSXR 600 MC

Go me..
    GSXR600 Master cylinder, Goodridge hoses and freshly rebuilt calipers..
    NOTE: the fluid res. is not perminently mounted.
    I'm waiting for my clip-ons before making a bracket.

Looks Good. How's the Gixxer clutch lever/perch instalation going?
    '92 Kat restoration/mod project

Comment

I really like the clutch, funny I ordered new levers,
      but after riding with the broken one I think I like it;
      It allows me to get the lever to the bar while only using two fingers.. I'll post some pics of that tonight. It's not perfect because.. well let me post the pics and then you can see where the problem is.. But you have clip ons, right?.. so you can use it easy, stock cable fits perfect.

BTW that is the Kat brake lever, the GSXR lever is beefier, with more adjustment but just so you know the two are interchangeable.
      Also the wires for the brake switch did not need mods..

Comment

Clutch purch, you can see where the parts interfere.

Comment

What does that clip/spring sticking out of the perch do?

Have you gotten the new clip-ons yet? I'm interested to see how they work.

Comment

The spring works with the adjuster wheel.
            There is no lock nut for the adjuster, the spring holds it in place. You could adjust your clutch cable while riding

Clip-ons should be here today, I'll need to paint them etc.. I have new grips and new levers too.
            However I have to go out of town next week for business so I'm not sure when I can get the work done and posted

Fork seals also need replacing and well see above..

Comment

B_P, you are making me jealous of all your mods.
              AMA member # 224227

Comment

Clip ons came yesterday!!
                Nana-nana-boo-boo!!

I need to clean them up,
                a few scuffs, mostly I want to get rid of the
                parting seams.. a little paint and on they go!
                I want to do the whole mod at once, so be patiant.

Comment

Patient?

Is it done yet?

Is it done yet?

How 'bout now?

Comment

If I might make one suggestion. You might want to consider looking for a top triple clamp(Steeering stem head) off a pre98 600. It will give you more room on the forklegs to install the clip-ons. If you take a look at these two fiches you'll see what I'm talking about.

600 steering stem
                    600 clips
                    750 steering stem
                    750 clips

The combo of the 750 clips and tripleclamp are taller(thicker) than the 600. If you install the 600 top tripleclamp and keep stock postion for your 750 forklegs you'll have more room to install the CBR clips. Unless of course you are gonna get stupid(like me) and put the clips below the tripleclamp. Than we have a whole bunch of clearance issues to talk about.

Comment

Actually the CBR clip-ons are with in a few mm of the top of the fork tube. That is why I went for them, unlike a Vortex those things are huge..
                      Also the CBR handle is raised like the Kat 750.
                      So I'll have all the looks and only a little more aggressive stance.
                      I got them yesterday and got the chance today to
                      knock off the locating boss (I'll be using a screw)
                      and remove some of the unsightly cast marks.

Comment

Is it done yet!! I have been wanting to go to a radial reservoir.
                        TDA Racing/Motorsports
                        1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
                        Who knows what is next?
                        Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
                        Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

whats the bennefit of going to the gsxr master cylinder (radial reservoir)???

im currently doing a gsxr front end conversion, for now, it will comprise of gsxr forks, wheel, rgv250 calipers (same as the gixxer items), katana rotors (to be upgraded later) stainless lines, and the standed katana master cylinder.

does going to the gixxer reservoir improve braking performance?

Comment

Better braking, SS lines and the GSXR conversion is the best thing you could do on a Kat for handling and Braking IMHO
                            TDA Racing/Motorsports
                            1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
                            Who knows what is next?
                            Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
                            Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

Hey,
                              OK back in the cube..
                              Had the time this weekend to square away a few items. I had to bungie the lever as it was pretty soft. (this really works!! I was sceptical but it really does work, after only a few hours the lever firmed up a lot! The calipers have been off the bike for over a week and were never fully bled before leaving town) Forks are rebuilt (sort of) and the clip-ons are mounted. I'll post some pics tonight.

I felt the stock MC might need a rebuild but once I got on e-bay and found both the clutch purch and MC for $30~ off a 02 GSXR600, including levers why bother?
                              I have also disliked the way one piece MC/reservoirs tilt so much, the remote Gixxer one allowed me to mount it nearly anywhere and keep it level. I'm sure the performance will be better other wise it wouldn't have been on a GSXR
                              (the MC not the reservoir.. LOL )

One sticking point: The actual bars are too short,
                              About 3/4 of an inch too short. What's up with that? I guess I'll need some custom bar-ends made. The down angle of the bars is nearly identical and they really only place the bars lower by a bit.
                              Once I take it out and I'm sure of the back angle I'll add screws to lock them in place.
                              I would have loved to add the CF yoke cover plate before posting but that is going to take some more time.

I'd like to hear from crazymofo (or anyone)about slotting the Gixer forks. I think upgradeing to Gixer's is way cheaper then emulators etc.

Comment

Working...
                              X