X

front suspension reset

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• front suspension reset

can anyone tell me how to rest the front suspenion. I just put a new front end on, well, not new but new to the bike its on. Anyway, I need to reset the suspension so that I can tweak it. I wanna start from square one. Thanks

There's nothing to really adjust on the fron't end , so I don't know what you'd need to "reset" . The only adjustment I have is rebound damping , and that's just the 3 little clicks on the dial thingy .
    I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Other than fork oil replaced to the proper level.

As long as you get the forks in the triple tree at the same height as the old ones, all you have is the rebound adjustment like Md86 said.

The only real tweaking you can do is to replace the springs with springs sized for your weight, and add cartidge emulators. Otherwise that's all you get with the early Kat front end.
      AMA member # 224227

Comment

What bike did it come from? If it came from a 98+ Kat, turn the damper adjuster (slot on the top of the forks) all the way to one side, then start counting clicks as you rotate in other direction. Set both of them to the same number of clicks and don't set either of them to anything except a "click" position. If the damper has been replaced with cartridge emulators, you will be able to turn the screw infinitely -- and there is no adjustment that way.

As for recentering the front forks, loosen the wheel axle bolt and the pincher nut, compress and release the forks five or six times by pushing down on them, then retighten the pincher bolt and axle bolt. This should both recenter the lower fork legs and the wheel to each other.

Cheers
        =-= The CyberPoet
        Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Originally posted by md86
          There's nothing to really adjust on the fron't end , so I don't know what you'd need to "reset" . The only adjustment I have is rebound damping , and that's just the 3 little clicks on the dial thingy .
          rite i'm new to the kate so what do these things do for ya and do they work very well?i mean anuff to feel the diff that is another whats that pushrode like thing under the seat and what dos it do if anything ? ty (6)<<<<<< 8)
          http://www.putfile.com/omegajireh AKA ONYOUR6 ......If you think education is expensive, wait till you see the price of ignorance!

Comment

Well , the only adjustment you really have is rebound damping , which is how fast the shock will rebound after a bump . Too fast and it'll kinda "bounce" after a bump , which can make you run wide coming out of a corner . I know that the knobs on the front will effect that a bit , as I experamented with it . Don't know if the rear one does much , as I just leave it at "2" .
            I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Working...
            X