X

brake calipers

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• brake calipers

i just got a e mail from brimbo that they do have a set of calipers for my 2004 600 kat for about a little under 1000. ive have looked and cant find any so was surprised when they said they did . my question is does any one here have or no of some one that has them . so i can order them .and did they fit out of the box with no mod

Brembos on a Katana? Have you done all of the performance mods you can before considering shelling out the $$$?

Steel lines, HH+ pads, and good fluid would be a start.

I just couldn't imagine shelling out that much money on brakes for a bike who's suspension is in much more desperate need of an upgrade than brakes...
    -Steve

Comment

you have to see this bike it has over 100 hp and yes i have all the goddies motor has been done ported ballance blue print suspention hel brake lines tons of stuff and yes why a katatna because no one else does and i can afford it

Comment

Well, If you can afford it, then go for it. And while your at it, I would like a.....
        Kan-O-Gixxer!
        -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
        -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
        -Ohlins Susupension
        -Various Other Mods

Comment

hey what up sweet the pegs and bar ends should be there soon let me know

Comment

Definately will! I can't wait to just get everything put back together. KOTM here I come!!!
            Kan-O-Gixxer!
            -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
            -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
            -Ohlins Susupension
            -Various Other Mods

Comment

Wow thats awesome man!! thats some serious bucks though, but hey if you can do it!! why not right! I wanna see some pics of all this too! 8)

Comment

letsride I've looked everywhere for a brake caliper upgrade I found two options Brembos and these http://www.pretech.co.uk/calipers/calipers.htm They make 6 pot calipers for sv650s and since 98+ Kat calipers/rotors are identical to sv650s They are also availlbe for Kats. I suspect the same is true with the brembos. They are intended for people racing sv650s, but they also fit 98+ Kats. I dont know anyone with brembos on a kat. Maybe you could try an SV board and get their feed back on the brembos.

Here's my 2 cents. I think the brembo's stopping power would be limited by the Kats stock front suspension. Since cost isn't an issue upgrade the entire frontend (wheel, rotor, brakes, usd forks, etc)from a GSXR. If yout still not happy with the stopping power then put brembos on the gixxer frontend. That would be sweet a Kat with gixxer USD forks and brembos.
                '92 Kat restoration/mod project

Comment

I agree, upgrade the suspension to USD and then change the brakes. I have been told that Suzuki already has a good braking system on the GSXR's.
                  The Brembo's are pricey!!
                  TDA Racing/Motorsports
                  1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
                  Who knows what is next?
                  Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
                  Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

For a close to that same money, you could pick up a newer complete gsxr front end off ebay complete with radial brakes and have it sprung for the kats weight.

Comment

this bike has hyper pro combi kit fron and back .but i agree that upgradeing the forks is a option hyper for 05 now makes a front that will fit with mono mount calipers that look awsome but again up in the air because like the wave rotors they now it will fit 03 but not sure on a 04 . as far as i know and from the talk in katriders they are the same . just dont want to order go to put in and not fit

Comment

Originally posted by Waltari
                        For a close to that same money, you could pick up a newer complete gsxr front end off ebay complete with radial brakes and have it sprung for the kats weight.
                        No offence Waltari you know I asked you some time ago about the gixxer frontend, I think it's way too short for our Kat. (730mm against 800 for the Kat)
                        apart from that he will need a new rim, new rotors, new axle, new clipons, new MC. new brakelines, new bearings, new tt, and new frontfender, perhaps a sprayjob for the fender (not to mention the work....)
                        No offence bro! I think it's a very nice idea to do this mod but it will be more expensive and extensive than the Brembo-upgrade, allthough I don't read that price includes a new proper mc..
                        On the other hand if money isn't an issue, he should go for a proper nice USD with matching calipers aso.

Comment

Originally posted by kwebbel
                          Originally posted by Waltari
                          No offence Waltari you know I asked you some time ago about the gixxer frontend, I think it's way too short for our Kat. (730mm against 800 for the Kat)
                          apart from that he will need a new rim, new rotors, new axle, new clipons, new MC. new brakelines, new bearings, new tt, and new frontfender, perhaps a sprayjob for the fender (not to mention the work....)
                          No offence bro! I think it's a very nice idea to do this mod but it will be more expensive and extensive than the Brembo-upgrade, allthough I don't read that price includes a new proper mc..
                          On the other hand if money isn't an issue, he should go for a proper nice USD with matching calipers aso.
                          I just watched an 04 gsxr1000 complete front end with all of the above parts mentioned go on ebay for around $550 a couple weeks ago. Even with suspension setup and respray, still less than $1000.

Comment

Overhere such a frontend will cost about 1000 euro.....

Comment

Originally posted by kwebbel
                              I think it's way too short for our Kat. (730mm against 800 for the Kat) apart from that he will need a new rim, new rotors, new axle, new clipons, new MC. new brakelines, new bearings, new tt, and new frontfender, perhaps a sprayjob for the fender (not to mention the work....)
                              Kwebbel what year gsxr forks measure 730 mm. I'm looking install a gsxr front end, but I agree with you lowering the front end 70mm or 2 3/4 in is way too much.
                              '92 Kat restoration/mod project

Comment

Working...
                              X