X

brake calipers

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kwebbel
    Overhere such a frontend will cost about 1000 euro.....
    Like Waltari said Letsride can pick up a complete frontend for a Busa in the states for less than a grand/$1,000 US. that is the wheel, brakes triple trees and and radius master cylinder to boot. If I am doing the work for someone else it will cost at least $60 US but if I am doing it for myself it is worth the time and effort put forth. I can say that is my work and I did it all! Yes, Brembo is nice but not neccessary IMHO.
    TDA Racing/Motorsports
    1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
    Who knows what is next?
    Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
    Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

Originally posted by floxera
      Originally posted by kwebbel
      I think it's way too short for our Kat. (730mm against 800 for the Kat) apart from that he will need a new rim, new rotors, new axle, new clipons, new MC. new brakelines, new bearings, new tt, and new frontfender, perhaps a sprayjob for the fender (not to mention the work....)
      Kwebbel what year gsxr forks measure 730 mm. I'm looking install a gsxr front end, but I agree with you lowering the front end 70mm or 2 3/4 in is way too much.
      Floxera untill now all Gixer-USD's i've been looking at were 730mm.
      I bought a complete frontend and resprung it for the kat (ZXR750), put it on the Kat, (really) testdrove it and took it out right after that! nearly crashed the bike sitting on the header.
      Happily enough I managed to sell the whole frontend for a better price then I payed for it.

Comment

Well thats goodnews for you(on the price) and bad news for me.
        Waltari whats the length of your R1 forks.
        '92 Kat restoration/mod project

Comment

hehehe look what I bought today...

A Moko USD sprung for the Kat, a straight bolt-on in the proper length 780mm.

I'm happy

Comment

Working...
          X