Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

What do you know (or think) about Galfer brake products?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you know (or think) about Galfer brake products?

I have been reading Galfer's website (www.galferusa.com) after discovering their wave rotor during an ebay search. Is the wave rotor worth switching to or is it a waste of money? Additionally, does anyone have experience with their braided lines or pads? The folks at Galfer seem very proud of themselves. Are their products worth a hoot or are they just hype? A review I read of the Katana (it was an old review, of a '99/'00) said the braking wasn't very progressive, would this help with the issue or was the reviewer simply a crackhead? Thanks again for your help and opinion(s).
    -If you don't like my driving, stay out of the dytch!-

I first installed stainless braided brake lines and Double H pads which helped a lot. After I bought the wave rotors for weight savings. Total of five pounds. They do grab big time but you have to get use to the pulse at low speeds. For me I think it was a great improvement over all.

Bike is sold

Comment

I did the same thing with mine...braided lines and wave rotors, though I went for green pads since I'm not as hardcore as the Spedee. :P

Every Kat up to '02 (I think) uses the recessed carrier, and the '03+ uses the flat carrier, as do the late model SV650. In fact, the Galfer boxes I received actually said SV650 on 'em. I bought through CycleBrakes.com.
      FrankenKat 1216
      GS Fiter 816
      GSXR750! (race)

Comment

Working...
      X