X

LED strips

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LED strips

I have been reading into some LED's for my '06 600, I have seen a lot of people use these pods. It seems to me strips would be easier as I want them all over and it seems that pods are focused and you would need a bunch to get an overall coverage. So I guess my question is what would be the benefits to the pods versus the strips?

Depending on the length of the strips you would need to be able to go around the frame and it would illuminate that one area as a whole. While pods just stick on an illuminate concentrated areas. This way you can focus the light on the specific areas instead of lighting up the whole thing...It is sort of like the recessed individual lights that illuminate just the sink area in the kitchen as opposed to the fluorescent lamp you would have in your garage ( the long tube type that illuminate the entire garage...

At least that's my understanding....anyone else????
    Good judgement comes from experience, and often experience comes from Bad Judgement :smt084
    Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com
    Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to Register

nah nah nah nah nah nah JAX! (special thnx to sexwax)

Comment

buy both and show pics of the turn out

Comment

if I had the money I would but neither of them are gonna be cheap for how many lights I wanna put on it. But I will definantely do one then post pics I just gotta see which one is better.

Comment

If you run a strip under each swing arm it really lights up the back of the bike(on the ground). I did that and it looks awesome!
          Philippians 4:13 - "I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength."

Comment

I think I will just go with the strips they seem easier and better to me. Anyone know of a cheap place to get them

Comment

autozone

Comment

Ebay isn't badly priced on the strips...also Harbor Freight carries Red and Blue Strips...I was on ebay the other day and saw a really neat idea for strips...Here's the link:
                Good judgement comes from experience, and often experience comes from Bad Judgement :smt084
                Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com
                Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to Register

nah nah nah nah nah nah JAX! (special thnx to sexwax)

Comment

I think it really depends on the color you are going for. I have over 110 LED bulbs on my kat but they are Orange which is a dim color. I will note though that the PODs give out quite a bit of light though they are limited on range. I use them to light up my engine more then anything. The single LEDs I then positioned to light up the ground and things like that.

I know the wifey got me another kit for my birthday in blue this time for the new SV. Those lights are a LOT brighter and thus I will need less. I might add some strips when I add in a hugger/chain guard since I could then better hide the wiring...
                  I am a Penn State fanatic.
                  Why is the sky blue and white? God is a PSU fan...

Comment

Originally posted by soulpatch View Post
                    I think it really depends on the color you are going for. I have over 110 LED bulbs on my kat but they are Orange which is a dim color. I will note though that the PODs give out quite a bit of light though they are limited on range. I use them to light up my engine more then anything. The single LEDs I then positioned to light up the ground and things like that.

I know the wifey got me another kit for my birthday in blue this time for the new SV. Those lights are a LOT brighter and thus I will need less. I might add some strips when I add in a hugger/chain guard since I could then better hide the wiring...
                    Very true .. i'm actually going with white on my bike .. Couldn't pick a better color for brightness

Comment

Here is a link to a set I bought very bright they are in 24 and 48 light strips http://cgi.ebay.com/24-LED-Strip-Mot...d=p4999.c0.m14

these are the 24 light strips and very cheap.
                      1992 katana 600 sold to Luke
                      1993 katana 600 sold
                      Bandit 1250 2007

Comment

go to an electronics web site and they are much cheaper. I use mouser.com

Comment

Working...
                        X