X

LED's legal color.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LED's legal color.

Hello. Does anybody know the legal colors for LED's here in state of Florida? Thanks.

here the problem is color association
    orange front
    red rear tail
    blue snow removal equip. and police
    green vaulenter?? fire service

Thats why they like writing tickets for it and the grounds they do it on

If you put anything on ,make sure it is switched
    Blood , its in you to give! http://www.blood.ca/

Comment

Eh, who cares. Do it regardless!

Comment

My interpretation of stats laws and lights

If its like any other state i have lived it, an LED istelf is not street legal, most fog lights even at the store are not street legal, unless the unit itself says its approved, you will usually find this marking in letters on the lens itself when it comes to headlamps and fog lights so my assumption is that this would have them also. In VA i know any exterior mounted LED not from the factory IE new audi and what not with it built in is illegal and considered a distraction to other drivers. Good luck on your search

Fife

Comment

The laws all vary by state (and country). PA legislation recently (last summer) made most LEDs legal.
          -Steve

sigpic
          Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
          Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

One of the Officers that come into the store said that in Florida, most wont bother you as long as you cannot see the bulbs and that they dont flash (blink). I have green on my bike, ride with them on at night all the time never been stopped... even in different counties.
            2001 Kawasaki zx1100

2000 Kat 750, in 600 Yellow. (GONE but not forgotten)

Bike pics link: http://s422.photobucket.com/albums/pp310/smitty600/

Comment

ive been told by a few cops here in Bay county that you are good aslong as its not red, blue, or amber color. he also told me they wont bother you very much about them..but then again if they wanna pull you over, your gonna get pulled over.
              sigpicLife is 5% what happens to you, and 95% how you react to it
              k9 GSX-R 600
              GO VOLS!

Comment

I run red under my fairings and lining the undertail on my bike. State law (AL) says you can't run red or blue, but the only red is to the rear like my taillight so I've never been hassled by the (other) cops. Also, the lights themselves are not visible, only the glow from under the fairings...reflecting off of the engine. Call the FHP and ask to speak to an officer or a local cop and just ask...they probably won't mind the talk.

Comment

Thanks for the info everybody. I'm thinking about getting the 72-LED 24-PODs

Multi-Color Accent Light Kit for Crotch Rocket from ledaccenlights.net .

Still thinking or I'll just get a green color 44 leds just to be safe from the popo.

Comment

Originally posted by jday240 View Post
                    I run red under my fairings and lining the undertail on my bike. State law (AL) says you can't run red or blue, but the only red is to the rear like my taillight so I've never been hassled by the (other) cops. Also, the lights themselves are not visible, only the glow from under the fairings...reflecting off of the engine. Call the FHP and ask to speak to an officer or a local cop and just ask...they probably won't mind the talk.
                    I did that once for a mod. Removed the stock fender and moved my tag back a few inches further under the tail. Talked with about 6 different city cops about it, they looked.. said no problem.

Got a ticket 6 months later while pumping gas, because a city cop was out run by another biker, and he saw me right after. Was not nice about it at all.

Remember, Laws are up for interpretation by law enforcement. Just because a few don't think it's a problem, does not mean 1 will not.

Not bashing, just saying...

Krey
                    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Originally posted by steves View Post
                      The laws all vary by state (and country). PA legislation recently (last summer) made most LEDs legal.

Even though it is legal be prepared to be stopped. I know I have been. I just inform them of the new bill and they look it up then let me go. I am curious to know if I will be stopped more this year since word is out a little more......

Oh and I glow ALL over. I think I am currently up to 132 LEDs under my bike....
                      I am a Penn State fanatic.
                      Why is the sky blue and white? God is a PSU fan...

Comment

After talking to a DE state trooper, he said as long they don't flash he would never stop me, and like Soul, I glow everywhere. They seem to agree with the thought that bikes are severely under illuminated at night from the factory, and the addition of the LED's actually makes the bikes somewhat safer from the increased visibility, esp from the sides. That's half the reason I put mine in (at least that's what I tell them )

Comment

Wisely i would choose a hper white color becasue like stated the emergency colors could get you in trouble.
                          99 Katana GSX600F -03 Bandtana GSX1200F- 06 Charger Daytona R/T

The Tallest KAT Rider.. Out there! PERIOD.

Comment

Originally posted by NBX33 View Post
                            Wisely i would choose a hper white color becasue like stated the emergency colors could get you in trouble.
                            Depends on your state really. All colors are legal in PA so long as they do not strobe or flash so as to imitate an official vehicle.

I now have blue on my current bike with no isues...
                            I am a Penn State fanatic.
                            Why is the sky blue and white? God is a PSU fan...

Comment

Originally posted by soulpatch View Post
                              Depends on your state really. All colors are legal in PA so long as they do not strobe or flash so as to imitate an official vehicle.

I now have blue on my current bike with no isues...
                              Thats good to know.

Comment

Working...
                              X