Scr 98+ Slider Reviews

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scr 98+ Slider Reviews

98+ Katana Frame Sliders

Currently with over 400 set sold we get alot of emails with review and real life experiences.

Dont be afraid to ask about shipping to other countries, we have mailed to US, Canada, UK, Germany, Irland, Australia, Jamacia, Iceland, and others.

Here is were you can post your opinion and experiences (hopefully positive LOL) with your SCR Motorcycles Frame Sliders. I will be posting past reviews for katrider members also. Please be descriptive and honest.

Please do not ask questions to me or anyone posting or reply, if you have a question please message that person directly so that we can keep this thread organized and easy to read.

Thanks
    Matthew

Originally posted by soulpatch
    Hey,

I know you hear a TON of praise about your sliders but I thought I would add some more. My wife recently took over my kat and I put on the sliders to protect my $1200 paintjob and other modifications.

In the past 2 days my wife has dropped it while coming to a stop 3 times. There is one small scratch on the rear grab handle but that is it. Not only did the sliders protect my bike but they helped to keep the bike off the ground to protect my wifes leg. The bike was also easier to pick back up from its resting state.

Top notch product.

Andy Pawling
    This was posted 6-1-09

Originally posted by kat-a-tonic View Post
    these sliders came in handy for me. After a long trip i pulled up into the driveway and put the kickstand out... Or at least i though i did. The bike started to tip and i realized she was going down no matter what i did.

*thud*

"damn!"

the bike sputtered to a stop and konked out. I shook my head in disgust and did the backward walk to pick her up. The katana was put back up and this time i made sure the kickstand was out. I rested a minute and attempted to assess the damage. It seems the framslider did the job and kept the bike from contacting the ground. There was no damage whatsoever. Thank you braunstein82 for the sliders.
    8-9-2006

Originally posted by anatak
    This is a post to give BRAUNSTEIN82 a public thank you for creating and selling a great quality product. Today while riding my Kat with my girlfriend, I hit some sand in the road. This sand was hard to see due to the lighting of the street (so please don't flame me with that you should have seen it crap). We we thrown from the motorcycle at 35mph (I actually think we may have been doing 45mph not sure). While sliding on the road I could see my bike going the opposite way of us. There were at least 15 ft. of distance between myself (once I stop sliding) and the bike. As I made sure my girlfriend was alright, I could see that my Kat was completely down on the ground. Down as if I had not installed any sliders.

I stumbled over to my bike to access the damages... Not a scratch... Not a crack lens. There were minor scratching on the stator cover. I looked for my slider and saw that it had burn down as it slide down the street at God knows what speed. I haven't ever experience anything like this before. But to walk away from it with a few scratchs on me( through my jeans), none on my girlfriend (I had recently purchased her a riding jacket), and none to the bike is pure divine intervention and an a testament to BRAUNSTEIN82 product.

So I am writing this post to encouraged those Kat riders who have not purchased slider to purchase them. They really work! And if you need to purchase them get them from BRAUNSTEIN82. His product absolutely amazed me today.

And for those who are wondering if my frame is bent. I checked that out throughly once I arrived home and no damage was done to the frame.

Once again BRAUNSTEIN82 thanks for your quality product!
    posted in 2006

Originally posted by crackshot View Post
    i just need to post about my experience with the sliders i got from braun.

I was moving onto the shoulder of an onramp to get off and adjust a strap, when, to my suprise, the shoulder was an 8 inch drop into black gravel (thanks for the sign, modot).

I was moving at about 20, and the slider buried all the way into the gravel. And didn't really help at all. My bike has a few scratches, but no real damage.

What is really important is that the way matt's sliders were made, the bracket holding the slider itself bent backwards while it was moving instead of torquing the frame. I know the slider stopped it from sliding as far as it would have (into the ditch i slid into, most likely landing on me) and bent enough so that there wasn't any damage to my frame. It actually only slid a half of a foot.

I'm not sure if this was intentional on matt's part, but i'm definately satisfied. I'll by buying another one from him shortly.

Very satisfied customer. Thanks dude

crackshot
    8-17-2006

Originally posted by Ulshy55

Post subject: Finally went down for the first time, Nothing serious though

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So i was just pulling up to my cousin's house and hit a patch of mud. Bike slipped right out from under me, i went off to the right side a few feet. Bike was down less than 10 seconds. picked her up. Not much damage. I went down in grass & mud. Braunstein's sliders saved my bike from any damage. Another testimony for his frame sliders! I bent the one slider a good bit. I will get pics up soon. Thanks again Braunstein!
    Posted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 12:23 pm

Originally posted by Robgsxf750 View Post
    Just received my sliders in Australia posted by Matt. About 12 days delivery door to door which is excellent. Great product, I'm very happy with them. Very easy to fit. Packing was very good and communication with Matt was prompt, polite and accurate.

Can't ask for more.

Thanks mate.
    11-4-2008

Originally posted by Robgsxf750
    This morning saw me have my first lowside. It wasn't so bad and my bike and I got off pretty lightly. It's my commute. 10 times a week I drive this road so nothing unusual about it. Half past nine in the morning with absolutely perfect conditions doing about 65kmph towards one of the many roundabouts that litter my suburbia rat-run to avoid congestion. Drop it down but drop the speed to 55kmph. Approach the roundabout on the far left (remember I'm downunder) and I'm taking the right exit at 3 o'clock.

This roundabout is like so many in suburbia. Lots of plants and flowers in the middle making it impossible to see through. It has a slight gradient and I'm coming from the top side. I hit the maximum lean angle for the apex and am fully committed to the turn. Then I see my doom on the apex, right where the camber is the greatest. Oil, and plenty of it. Everywhere.

I have just enough time to think FUUUUUUU then it's all over. All I hear is a few thuds (me) and this horribly painful scraping noise (my baby). I get up and assess the situation, run over and flip the emergency kill switch and pick her up. And when I say pick her up I literally mean flipped her up with my left hand. Seriously, I was that juiced up from the fall.

I walked her over to the side of the road and went back to the oil patch and ran my boot over it a few times. It was like ice so I didn't feel so stupid. I walked up and down the road for 50 or so metres looking for a "Slow - Roadworks" sign or something of the sort to warn other people but I think it was just shock cause really there was nothing about and I was wandering in this aimless yet rushed state for the most part.

I looked over the bike and saw there was virtually nothing wrong with her. The oil cover is ground a bit, the can has a few nice scratches but that's nothing. This is where I have to give massive props to BRAUNSTEIN82 and his wonderful, awesome, brilliant, amazing frame sliders http://katriders.com/vb/member.php?u=1055. I can't sing your praises enough mate. It'd be my shout all day. The slider was worn down, bent in half, smashed up, but it saved my bike from any real damage. No scratches on the plastics at all (except for just under the oil cover), no scratches on the bar-end, no scratches on the lights - totally nothing. The slider took all the force. I looked at the skid mark on the road which was about 5 metres long. It looked to me like the slider took about 4 metres of the skid before it got too worn down, and the frame slider, oil cover and can took the last metre in unison. Right now I'm adamant this was one of the best investments I've made on my bike.

So I hopped on and she started first go after I remembered the kill switch - the adrenaline was still pumping. I got to work and after a few coffee's I started to settle down and the pain started. I think my knee got a good knock though I didn't lose that much bark. My right elbow and left side of my helmet got a nice knock, but I was wearing mostly the right gear - Bell helmet, Dririder jacket with armour, Dririder leather/kevlar gloves, Diadora Veratex boots. The only thing that let me down was my jeans, something I've always worn. 8 years of riding and I've always worn them. Now I realise that they're not very good. I'm investing in a pair of leathers or kevlar plated cargo camo pants very shortly. That and a new helmet. It's 8 years old (Australian Standards only last for 5 years from date of manufacture) and it got a nice knock so good excuse to buy another.

Now, 12 hours later, my knee's swollen but I'm feeling really good about my first lowside. Much better than I did after my highside a few years back. At least I've got one of each out of the way now. After the highside I was really awkward and tentative with left handers and carried this with me for months. This hasn't happened with the lowside on a right hander (yet) so hopefully it won't. I realise it's not my fault and there was little to nothing I could have done so meh, I'll just get on with it. Enjoy the pics......
    1-20-09

Originally posted by CenCalKat View Post
    Welcome! yep, Braunstein's sliders are first rate. Saved my old Kat.
    Originally posted by The CyberPoet
    Having been around the Kat circles for seemingly eons, I remember other's offerings before Braunstein came along, and those solutions all did damages to the frames, normally trashing the frame (by twisting it) during anything more than a parking-lot drop; his was the first design that had actual hope of doing exactly what the sliders ought to do on this particular bike. But I've always wanted to see a Kat with them do a 25+ mph drop (but without hoping for anyone to actually wreck) and then see that the slider bracket truly didn't mangle the frame before I was willing to put my endorsement behind the product -- I had been waiting for clear evidence for a few years now, and this appears to finally be it.

If they bent back into the fins, and even chipped the fins, it wouldn't have mattered to me -- provided the frame (and thus the VIN) remained healthy. Cylinder heads are a lot easier to replace, and typically don't need replacement for a chipped fin anyway.

Braunstein, you can finally say "CyberPoet Endorsed" on your product thread; I am pleased with the results.

Cheers,
    =-= The CyberPoet
    Originally posted by WallacE View Post
    4/17/10 Sliders are very worth it, put mine to the test yesterday, and worth their weight in gold, not a scratch on the plastic. Slide bent frame is solid...EVERYONE SHOULD BUY!!!!

There have been many more, but hard to research all of them. So feel free to post your past experience.
    Last edited by BRAUNSTEIN82; 04-23-2010, 08:09 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    www.scrmotorcycles.com www.katanaOutlet.com
    Katana Frame Sliders
    The only fully tested and proven Katana sliders Rear sliders, 520 conversion, gas caps and more.
    98+ Slider are "CyberPoet Endorsed" R.I.P.
    I couldn't have done this without you.

Well, your sliders saved another fairing. Had a low-speed drop on asphalt today, and my fairing never touched the ground! My right leg would have likely been pinned under the bike, had it not been for the slider. Yet another satisfied customer, B.
    '07 Yamaha FJR1300
    '05 Katana 600

Comment

Pre? Prease?
      sigpic

'95 Kat 600 (Sold)
      '10 BMW S1000RR (aka Black Betty)(Totaled)
      '11 BMW S1000RR (aka Bumblebee) Shine Yellow

In ur thinky box, steeelin ur dumz

If you love something, set it free. If it comes back to you, you probably high sided.

Comment

Originally posted by depths_of_mind View Post
        Pre? Prease?
        He makes them. Pm him
        sigpic
        Update Jul 11 2014
        Done finally road worthy, Huge difference in looks compare to the pic in my SIG. Will update everything soon.

Comment

Here are photos from a parking lot tip over recently in L.A. while on a 1200 mile trip. I was going aprox 5-10mph exiting a parking space exelerating at normal throttle. The surface was wet from light rain and possible oil in center of parking spot. The rear slid out and bike went to the right side very slowly and spun around. Bike slid maybe less then a foot and a half, I just picked the bike back up it fired up, road home 500 miles the next day. My leg protected and took more impact then the sliders. There is a decent amount of body damage and exhaust got scuffed lightly. The sliders are decent product id recomend on every katana without hesitation, without them from previus katana tip over mishaps... the product did protect the bike from much more substantiol damage. Bar ends/mirrors, never touchd ground.

Last edited by saabsaviur; 09-26-2009, 09:48 PM.

Comment

.. is it just me, or are those on wrong? shouldn't they be pointed straight out of the bike?
            the kat may be the gixxer's retarded cousin, but she's a hefty broad... and i do loves me some girth between my thighs.
            # 99 HYPERSLOTH RACING
            [02 gsx750f][03 cbr600rr]

Comment

Thank you for your pictures, this does concern me being that in all past reviews and test at that speed and higher, the body has never touched the ground. But i will take serious concern to this and review the current design. But this is the first report of this out of the dozens of real life uses of them. As posted many times before the bracket is designed to bend at higher impact so that the frame does not get twisted/bent. You are also right, i am also sure that the damage would have been severly worse. But again thank you for your review and i am glad to hear the you and the bike are ok.
              Last edited by BRAUNSTEIN82; 09-25-2009, 07:18 AM.
              www.scrmotorcycles.com www.katanaOutlet.com
              Katana Frame Sliders
              The only fully tested and proven Katana sliders Rear sliders, 520 conversion, gas caps and more.
              98+ Slider are "CyberPoet Endorsed" R.I.P.
              I couldn't have done this without you.

Comment

Originally posted by depths_of_mind View Post
                Pre? Prease?
                Chris

Originally posted by jetmerritt
                Save up for great gear and dress for the fall before you ride. If you can't afford good quality gear, don't ride. It's like saying you can't afford seat belts for your car. There are just no laws to make gear mandatory.

Comment

Originally posted by BRAUNSTEIN82 View Post
                  Thank you for your pictures, this does concern me being that in all past reviews and test at that speed and higher, the body has never touched the ground. But i will take serious concern to this and review the current design. But this is the first report of this out of the dozens of real life uses of them. As posted many times before the bracket is designed to bend at higher impact so that the frame does not get twisted/bent. You are also right, i am also sure that the damage would have been severly worse. But again thank you for your review and i am glad to hear the you and the bike are ok.
                  Matt are his brackets on right? , or up-side-down because mine are the same way and a few months ago you said to me when you seen my kat that mine might have been up-side-down when you seen my review.

Comment

Er- that's how mine are mounted.
                    Last edited by Free Coffee; 09-28-2009, 11:39 PM.

"People rike me. Because I force them to. With viorence!"
                    -Travis of the Cosmos

Comment

Working...
                    X