No announcement yet.
X

Frame Sliders Forum: Purchasing Info and Reviews

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If I were to drill a hole in my fairing where the slider comes out could i use these on a Pre98?

Comment

OWACE - Basically, the 4.5" sliders are a little longer. I asked Braunstein the same question. He said that most people order the 3.5 because the 4.5 look a little wierd sticking that far off the bike. If you want the 4.5" go for it. they are a little more expensive though. The install took me an hour, although it probably shouldn't have taken me that long. I posted some pics on Braunstein's Ordering thread here:

As to how long you'll get them once you order. That will take a while. Braunstein is a busy man and makes these on his own, taking about 2 hours on each. He also runs a bar or restaurant and such. He has a lot of back orders at the moment, so it'll take a few months to get them. I'd order then now so you get them as soon as possible.
      Philippians 4:13 - "I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength."

Comment

Originally posted by Dozer7380
        If I were to drill a hole in my fairing where the slider comes out could i use these on a Pre98?
        They can fit on a pre 98 without cutting, but they have an angle on them or if you cut they will be straight but where the fair goes over the crank covers that will still hit the ground in a accident. They do make crank case cover sliders.
        www.scrmotorcycles.com www.katanaOutlet.com
        Katana Frame Sliders
        The only fully tested and proven Katana sliders Rear sliders, 520 conversion, gas caps and more.
        98+ Slider are "CyberPoet Endorsed" R.I.P.
        I couldn't have done this without you.

Comment

Originally posted by owace
          could someone inform me as to why i would want to pick a 3.5" slider over a 4.5"?

very interested, and how long would an install take?

also how long to get them once i order?

thanks.

oh and those install pictures are money.
          He is right about the slider size. I have been backed up abd the wait time now is 4-5 weeks.
          Katana Frame Sliders
          The only fully tested and proven Katana sliders Rear sliders, 520 conversion, gas caps and more.

Comment

I have a Question about the price of the sliders is that 35.00 per slider or 35.00 per pair
            sigpicAllan

If you love it, let it go. If it comes back to you, you've high-sided!

Comment

It is $35 per pair. The Brackets cost $60, then $35 or $45 for the sliders depending on which length you choose. Then there is $10 shipping. So you will be paying $103 for the whole package with the shorter sliders and $113
              for the package with the longer sliders.

Here is the breakdown:

Brackets $60
              Sliders 3.5" length $35
              Sliders 4.5" length $45
              Shipping/Insurance US $8
              Shipping/Insurance CA $10

hope this helps
              Philippians 4:13 - "I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength."

Comment

I recommend the 3.5" set
                "I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."
                JOHN 16:33

Comment

I got mine yesterday. Pics to come.
                  My Every Move Is A Calculated Step............

*~*~*~*KNIGHTRIDERS*~*~*~*

Comment

can anyone post up a pre 98 setup if it was done?

Comment

which set is the best for a 92 kanata the 3.5 or the 4.5?

Comment

Does anyone have pictures of the 4.5? Can you post it please. I want to order them but I think they might be too long.. Also, I wonder any kat streetfighters out there that uses these sliders?
                        WHAT MAN? I am a NOOB

Comment

Originally posted by madentaiwn
                          Does anyone have pictures of the 4.5? Can you post it please. I want to order them but I think they might be too long.. Also, I wonder any kat streetfighters out there that uses these sliders?
                          Attached Files
                          Katana Frame Sliders

Comment

This person in the pics dropped there bike the day after installing them and said they held up perfectly and not one part of the bike touch the ground
                            Katana Frame Sliders

Comment

so no one has pics of their pre 98 kat witht he angled sliders? i mainly just need it for installation purposes if i get them. you make the angled ones too right braunstein?

Comment

I would just like to thank Braunstein82 for giving me inspiration to fab my own slider mounts.
                                Here's a link to the pics of my work in another thread. Scroll to the bottom.

Comment

Working...
                                X