Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Tmod's shocks are more than the sum of their parts!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tmod's shocks are more than the sum of their parts!

Finally had a chance to try my newly revalved shock, and all I gotta say it's WOW! My R6 feels like a new bike, no joke. a bump in the middle of the corner no longer means a dramatic moment, and I can feel what the bike is doing front and back so much more. No matter what kind of bike you have, if you want to improve your ride and your riding, give Terry your business, it will not disappoint (and if it does, he'll make it up i am sure)

It took me a few miles to get used to the bike again, I noticed stuff i never noticed before, like I feel better riding faster. And that I tense up on corner exits, causing a small amount of understeer: Once i relaxed my outside grip, the bike was on rails. I can't explain how much more confident I felt, even on a road I've done close to 100 times. Now all I have to do is go to the track, have it reset by the suspension pros (I've messed with it plenty since last time), and I hope to concentrate on improving my riding

I got my revalved and resprung shock from tmod also. I can agree 100% on every single word you said there. I was waiting for next season to get a trackday to write my own thread by this sums it up ! worth every single dollar.

not to mention the service before and after for setup.
    Last edited by mammut89; 10-02-2011, 02:00 PM.
    2015 BMW S1000R

Comment

I'm planning to have Terry set up a shock for me. Just need to decide which one I'll be using.
      1992- project katfighter
      2005- GSXR750
      2001- TL1000R
      http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=111130
      www.lunchtimecigar.com

KATRIDERS RALLY 2014 - cintidude04
      KATRIDERS RALLY 2015 - cintidude04
      KATRIDERS RALLY 2016 - cintidude04

Comment

I have a 95 VFR with a CBR 929 rear shock with a gold valve installed and heavier spring along with 1.0KG springs in the front. In time you will realize how much the back end works better than the front, resulting in similar changes to your front end. I plan to get gold valves for the front this christmas and will complete the work to my front end.

Suspension mods with me from now on are going to be the first thing I do unless I am happy with stock.

Comment

Front valving is next on my list, I feel competent enough to do the job myself (although that might change) I changed the oil a few months ago and that was an improvement.

Comment

If you do the work yourself keep in mind HRS can still get the Racetech parts at a discount price. Also get the HFR kit instead of the regular type 1 gold valve kit.

Tmod

Comment

Originally posted by Tmod View Post
              If you do the work yourself keep in mind HRS can still get the Racetech parts at a discount price. Also get the HFR kit instead of the regular type 1 gold valve kit.

Tmod
              I see that they have a HFR line for rebound and a G2-R for compression. Is there some secret racetech menu with more goodies?

Comment

Originally posted by curseboy View Post
                I see that they have a HFR line for rebound and a G2-R for compression. Is there some secret racetech menu with more goodies?
                I should have specified that HFR is for the rebound and does not apply to the compression. On your shock is a G3-LD valve with valving that was developed for a racer. So yes there are perks to knowing some Racetech personal, You get some special settings that may not be available to the general public. Look up your shock and you will see there is not a G3-LD valve option available.

Tmod

Curseboy,

Just in case you want to take a look at how the stock valving in a graph vs the G3-LD valving in a graph compare here are a couple images to show you that.

Tmod
                Last edited by Tmod; 10-02-2011, 10:13 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

After seeing how Marck's bike improved and feeling it on my own bike, I will definitely be ordering my fork parts through HRS when the time comes and I'll see about sending more business your way

Comment

Originally posted by curseboy View Post
                    After seeing how Marck's bike improved and feeling it on my own bike, I will definitely be ordering my fork parts through HRS when the time comes and I'll see about sending more business your way
                    Thanks I appreciate it!!

Terry

Comment

This is making me want to redo the suspension on my zx6, it's light years ahead of the kat though, and after today, my girlfriend says I'm not allowed to spend anymore money on the new bike. Well actually she said for every 100 bucks I spend she's gonna cut 1 inch off her hair...short hair's not bad right?
                      Good to hear about the suspension curseboy, If and when I get back out to cali we gotta go ride again.
                      and terry, when I'm ready for the new suspension, there's no question I will be contacting you.

Comment

Originally posted by kmbphoto View Post
                        This is making me want to redo the suspension on my zx6, it's light years ahead of the kat though, and after today, my girlfriend says I'm not allowed to spend anymore money on the new bike. Well actually she said for every 100 bucks I spend she's gonna cut 1 inch off her hair...short hair's not bad right?
                        Good to hear about the suspension curseboy, If and when I get back out to cali we gotta go ride again.
                        and terry, when I'm ready for the new suspension, there's no question I will be contacting you.

*passes the shaving cream and razor*.... how long is her hair again?...

Wha?... it grows back!

Krey
                        93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Originally posted by kmbphoto View Post
                          Shave that gal bald and break out the bucks we are going shopping.

Like Krey says it will grow back.

Tmod

Comment

Sexy!!

Comment

I like her hair, I could sacrifice a few inches though

plus, I've only had the bike for 3 days. I think it's a little too early to mess with suspension.

Comment

Working...
                              X