Katana of the Month October 2008

Welcome to the KatRiders.com forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   KatRiders.com > Service Department > Katana How-To's & FAQ's > How to Q&A

How to Q&A An area to ask questions and share answers on specific projects. New how to's should be started here. No offtopic posts!

Old 07-16-2011, 08:03 PM   #31
Robotic
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedKat91 View Post
HAHAHA.... maybe... or maybe he's just been buying new bikes every year instead of changing the oil because he is still confused on how to do it!
+1
Robotic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 04:29 PM   #32
heaton750f
Squid

Well Im doing my first oil change ever on my bike. Sounds simple. Ive been doing oil changes on my own cars for 8 years now I should be able to figure out a bike.
Old 07-18-2011, 05:26 PM   #33
mstngsrule68
Tank Slapper

its easy, pull the cap off, pull the bolt, pull the filter, let everything drain, make sure the gasket is on the filter, change the crush washer on the bolt.. put filter on (pre lube), put the bolt back in, fill up with how ever much you need to put in (they are different)... start up, let sit for a few min's check level and put the cap on and your done...... its not that hard.... make sure you torque the drain bolt!!!! and use suzuki filters!

2006 turboed kat
2004 marauder 800
mstngsrule68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 11:29 PM   #34
Santa
Skid Mark

Quote:
Originally Posted by mstngsrule68 View Post
its easy, pull the cap off, pull the bolt, pull the filter, let everything drain, make sure the gasket is on the filter, change the crush washer on the bolt.. put filter on (pre lube), put the bolt back in, fill up with how ever much you need to put in (they are different)... start up, let sit for a few min's check level and put the cap on and your done...... its not that hard.... make sure you torque the drain bolt!!!! and use suzuki filters!

I let it run for about 2-3minutes..but I noticed that the level on the through the glass doesn't show either L or F. :{ It looks like there is no oil at all! I changed the filter as well and poured in 3.7q
Santa is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

KatRiders.com > Service Department > Katana How-To's & FAQ's > How to Q&A