X

Where do I buy new (not used) coils?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where do I buy new (not used) coils?

I want to buy a set of new ignition coils (OE or aftermarket... doesn't matter) but all I can seem to find is used coils.

Anybody have any or know where I can get some? I also want all the parts between the coils and the sparkplugs (wires, caps, seals, etc).
    My current rides: (see my garage for a complete history of my bikes)

sigpic

For OEM, local stealership, bikebandit.com... lots of options. Just about any online OEM sales shop I would guess.

For after market, I hear good things about Dynatek... http://www.dynaonline.com/skins/Default.aspx

Krey
    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

I already quoted you on them, or you can visit your local dealership or any of the mail-order dealers.

I would specifically avoid any of the Federal-Mogul owned products (Accel coils, etc) because of reports of other riders on KR (and previously on KP) getting the wrong product because of a bad x-ref in their catalogs and burning out their CDi's as a result (Federal Mogul wouldn't make it "right" either -- even on the coils).

Or to put it another way: the OEM (Denso) coils worked well for 20+ years, perhaps you should stick to them when reordering

Cheers,
      =-= The CyberPoet

__________________________________________________ ________
      CyberPoet's Katana Maintence and Upgrade Parts Offerings
      The Best Metal Steel Aluminum Motorcycle Tire Valves in the World, plus lots of motorcycle & Katana (GSX600F / GSX750F) specific help files.
      Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Working...
      X