X

Okay, looked at an 89 GSXR today

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Okay, looked at an 89 GSXR today

I went to look at a motor- guy wants to sell the whole bike. Running bike with plastics gone. I just wanted a motor- and here is a whole gixxer for me! It is so restorable, that I am considering buying the Gixxer, AND buying his 1127 Katana motor as well, for the katana.

I will take pics in a couple weeks when I buy it.

750 or 1100? 89 750 is on my top 10 list of bikes I want in my collection.
    Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

Just a thought.....but didn't the 89 Kat and 89GSXR share the same cam???....not sure about the rest of the engine.
      sigpicLife throws you curves......enjoy the ones you get when riding.
      ------------------------------------------
      89 GSX750F(sold....sob)
      96 YZF 1000R

Comment

This guy is a HUGE oil cooled fan. He has enough parts to build several bikes, and he has 2 7-11s.

He wasn't sure about that year and cams, but he did know the gears are different- GSXR are straight cut, Kat are helical cut.

Comment

Originally posted by Slofuze View Post
          Just a thought.....but didn't the 89 Kat and 89GSXR share the same cam???....not sure about the rest of the engine.
          I know the pistons were the same size . I got oversize pistons for my Kat . They were sold as GSXR's . I heard the whole head's different , then ....
          I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

no they do not. The 88-93 Katana 1100 is the same cams as the 88 GSXR 750

Comment

7/11's rule! One of my dream bikes is a 86/87 7/11 or 1100 GSXR. I WILL own one, one of these days.....

Comment

Originally posted by zrxmike View Post
                7/11's rule! One of my dream bikes is a 86/87 7/11 or 1100 GSXR. I WILL own one, one of these days.....
                Ya, me too

Comment

Get it yet? Pics??

Comment

my 711 for ya ..

it ain't broke ....

i ain't fixed it enough

Comment

Nitemare, that must feel odd to ride? Like it though!

Comment

I have a '86 GSXR 1100 sitting in my garage. Ol Slabby is complete, needs some cleaning and such, and Zack is glassing the couple smucks in the slabby plastics. I am lookin to swap the motor into my '90 750 Kat, but would much rather have a 89-92(?) 1127 GSXR motor for it. Maybe we can come to some sort of arrangement there zrxmike or cruisingram? I have a few pics if ya want to see um
                        99% of the questions asked here can be answered by a 2 minute search in the service manual. Get a service manual, USE IT.
                        1990 Suzuki GSX750F Katana
                        '53 Ford F250 pickumuptruck
                        Lookin for a new Enduro project

Comment

Post some pics......

Comment

Originally posted by zrxmike View Post
                            Post some pics......
                            the seat is red in color, in good shape (no big rips or tears) and set off to the side. Right clipon should prolly be replaced, and she needs a windscreen. As i stated earlier, right now the front and belly fairings are at Zacks having the cracks fixed.

99% of the questions asked here can be answered by a 2 minute search in the service manual. Get a service manual, USE IT.
                            1990 Suzuki GSX750F Katana
                            '53 Ford F250 pickumuptruck
                            Lookin for a new Enduro project

Comment

What are you looking to get? I'm a bit far to pick up........

Comment

Working...
                              X