Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

mechanic can't figure out whats wrong with my bike...any ideas?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the dealer still has the bike, i'm not sure what air filter is in it as it is my first bike and know nothing really about them maintenance wise. I told the dealership about the bike sitting so they know it hasnt been run in a while. I'd say the fuel is 2-3 months old?

I just finished my MSF class yesterday so as soon as i get it back it will be ridden daily.

Comment

Originally posted by tunes View Post
      explain please....the dealership sells suzukis..
      as with any dealership, motorcycles or automotive; all dealerships answer to somebody. Wheteher it is GM Canada, Suzuki North America....they all answer to someone that represents the manufacturer to the consumer. The hard part always is finding their contact number which is usually a 1-800 number.
      The Factory Reps do not like to hear about a consumer not getting better than great service from a dealer because it is bad for their buissne$$, so, they will usually call the dealerships and provide them with whatever technical advice they require and will also usually persuade them to do the "right" thing when it comes to billing.
      sigpic'06 750Kat, SCORPIO alarm, integrated turn sigs into smoked LED tail light, gun metal frt turn sigs & windshield, shovel MIA, AMSOIL throughout, TARGA tank cover, PIIA 130Db Sport Horns. 16-45 sprocket set-up

Comment

So i just got off the phone with the dealership, they told me that they have cleaned the carbs a third time, and it still will not run right and they need to contact suzuki and trouble shoot it with them. I asked about the pilot jets and air filter and they said that they rejetted the carbs so that couldnt be it....

i am worried now that they are going to charge me out the *** for their incompetence....should i contact the suzuki rep now or what?

Comment

That is scary that a dealer can't figure the problem.

Comment

so what should i do? wait and see what they bill me? They have had the bike for almost 2 weeks, and said this past saturday that they were going to call suzuki and they said the same thing today.

Comment

and just tell them that the local dealership cant figure it out and they said they would call suzuki usa but never did...and ask them to call the dealership? or do i ask for more than that?

Comment

Ask for customer service and explain the entirety of the situation, emphasizing that the dealer claimed repeatedly to intend to call Suzuki USA for technical guidance and hasn't. See where it gets you (at least it's a start).

Cheers,
                =-= The CyberPoet

Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

don't wait any longer, get Suzuki USA involved, I think it is the only way you are going to see any action.
                  sigpic'06 750Kat, SCORPIO alarm, integrated turn sigs into smoked LED tail light, gun metal frt turn sigs & windshield, shovel MIA, AMSOIL throughout, TARGA tank cover, PIIA 130Db Sport Horns. 16-45 sprocket set-up

Comment

By your own statment "the pilot jets and air filter and they said that they rejetted the carbs so that couldnt be it...."

Are you saying the dealer installed a jet kit? Because if thats what they think are pilots, then they are idiots. Or did you mean they told you they put new pilots in? But I would call Zuki anyhow, Since the dealer probably has a bunch of noob mechanics that can work wonders with EFI, but put carbs in front of them and they go.. umm.. Duuuuude, puff, puff, give...
                    If its not broke, Hit it with a bigger hammer and blame it on cheap imports

RIP Dad 3/15/08 Love and miss ya already

Originally posted by Nero
                    Even I played for a minute or so, then I recovered what little manhood I had left and stopped.

Comment

Originally posted by Newbie2it View Post
                      By your own statment "the pilot jets and air filter and they said that they rejetted the carbs so that couldnt be it...."

Are you saying the dealer installed a jet kit? Because if thats what they think are pilots, then they are idiots. Or did you mean they told you they put new pilots in? But I would call Zuki anyhow, Since the dealer probably has a bunch of noob mechanics that can work wonders with EFI, but put carbs in front of them and they go.. umm.. Duuuuude, puff, puff, give...
                      they said that they had rebuilt the carbs a third time. I asked them if they checked the pilot jets and air filter since i read that those could be causes, and they said that they had rejetted and rebuilt the system.

going to call suzuki usa in about an hour...the only number i have for them is the customer service number from their website

Comment

Dude, go and get your bike back from the stealership. They will RAPE you! Unforntunately, stealerships could care frikkin less about your bike. All they care about is getting paid. Your just a customer. Get your bike back & fix it yourself! Nobody will ever care about your bike as much as you do. The guys on this site will help you with any questions you have. It's also a great feeling when you fix your own bike and you KNOW it's right! Just earlier this year I paid an obsene amount of money to a stupid bike dealership & they STILL never got my bike fixed correctly! Same as you, the "mechanic" just couldn't figure it out. They just say, well, that's the best we can get it. It's not a "new" bike and it was running that way when you brought it here. What do you expect???
                        There is nothing truer than, "If you want something done RIGHT, do it YOURSELF!"
                        Best of luck to ya man.

Since the dealer probably has a bunch of noob mechanics that can work wonders with EFI, but put carbs in front of them and they go.. umm.. Duuuuude, puff, puff, give...[/quote]

You hit the nail on the head Newbie, stealership mechanics these days don't know JACK about carbs. I think all they know how to do is the regular maintenence on the new bikes that their customers bring in. You bring in a "real" problem and they are all scratching their heads.
                        Last edited by gimmefuel; 09-25-2008, 08:22 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
                        'REMEMBER SOME PEOPLE ARE
                        ALIVE SIMPLY BECAUSE IT IS
                        ILLEGAL TO SHOOT THEM'

sigpic----------------------------------------

Comment

im going to talk to suzuki usa first. My father is a lawyer so i figure they cant rape me too much otherwise i will get him involved.

so if i were to bring it home and do it myself, what kind of tools do i need? i know absolutely 0 about doing work on a bike

Comment

Originally posted by tunes View Post
                            im going to talk to suzuki usa first. My father is a lawyer so i figure they cant rape me too much otherwise i will get him involved.

so if i were to bring it home and do it myself, what kind of tools do i need? i know absolutely 0 about doing work on a bike
                            It does help if you are mechanically inclined. I knew zilch about my bike when I first got it too but I have learned so much since having it. Each time you do a repair on it you learn something new. Ask friends in your area who they use as a "good" mechanic. There is a guy around here that I "trust." He is just a one man operation and has been working on bikes for about 30 years. These are the good mechanics to try and get a hold of if you can locate them. His place isn't really "close" to me either but he knows his stuff.
                            'REMEMBER SOME PEOPLE ARE
                            ALIVE SIMPLY BECAUSE IT IS
                            ILLEGAL TO SHOOT THEM'

sigpic----------------------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by gimmefuel View Post
                              It does help if you are mechanically inclined. I knew zilch about my bike when I first got it too but I have learned so much since having it. Each time you do a repair on it you learn something new. Ask friends in your area who they use as a "good" mechanic. There is a guy around here that I "trust." He is just a one man operation and has been working on bikes for about 30 years. These are the good mechanics to try and get a hold of if you can locate them. His place isn't really "close" to me either but he knows his stuff.
                              only problem is i just moved here for the military so very unfamiliar with anything around here

Comment

Working...
                              X